Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Tell me what you are doing for PE

Also, our homeschool group has started a PE class.

And the local YMCA's apparently have a PE class for homeschoolers.

Advertisement

Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #12
Sabriel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The girls go to a 30 minute home school gym class on Tuesdays and 30(younger)/45(older) minute ballet class on Wednesdays. They play church league t-ball in the spring and soccer in the fall. When the weather is nice they play outside for at least an hour a day.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Right now, we go to a homeschool playgroup on tuesdays and fridays that meets in a gym for two hours. The kids run, play basketball, soccer, bowling, etc. We also have another group that meets every other Wed. We go outside to play, ride bikes when the weather is nice and meet friends at the park quite a bit. If the weather is cold, which it has been lately, we play a lot of active games such as Simon Says where I have them running, jumping, skipping, etc. They also just run a lot in the house. We play laundry basketball or hot potato.

In the spring, the boys will play soccer and all of the mentioned playgroups will resume at parks.

DS also takes an outdoor class where they get tons of exercise hiking, etc 2x a month.

Last edited by Vivhop98; 02-14-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Vivhop98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The boys take TKD and that is Monday, Wednesday and Thursday for an hour (actually it is 2 hours Wed and 1.5 hours on Thursday). They do Saturday classes sometimes too. We also do rollerskating on Tuesdays. Then of course they play outside as much as they possibly can.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #15
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

My son does karate twice a week

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

cool stuff! Thanks for lots of input.

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #17
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I fail miserably at this one. My oldest does soccer in the fall and baseball in the spring, but I have seriously bad all year outdoor allergies and when I go outside my throat can (and often does) slam shut to where I can't breathe, even on prescription stuff so we're almost never outside. The kids are learning to use the treadmill and we're going to try to get them using the wii fit.

I feel terrible because I want them to go outside but I can't go out with them and our backyard isn't fenced
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #18
walking-iris
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest does karate once a week and has a pe class at co-op twice a month. Soccer in the fall. We are hoping to start tennis lessons this year. He plays with his dad. Except this year (weather too warm) my dh builds a backyard skating rink for skating and hockey. They play indoor hockey a lot. Wii sports games inside some times (my ds really wants a wii fit). We also do Itsy Bitsy Yoga and My Father Is a Pretzel yoga together a few times a week. My ds plays golf with his dad in the summer too. The book Homeschool Games Book is good. And I consider Out Of Sync Child has Fun pe since my kid is on the spectrum and goes to ot and those activities are physical.
walking-iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #19
frenchie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kung Fu classes twice a week, daily Kung Fu practice, and a series of exercises with me (together, we do 25 free standing squats, 25 push ups, and 25 sit ups...I usually do double what my son does).

ETA: Kai also does soccer in the fall, and swims daily in the summer. He surfs during the summer as well...and is going to be taking up skateboarding real soon. We're getting him a Jay Adams Zflex board for his b-day.

Last edited by frenchie; 02-14-2012 at 06:07 PM.
frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #20
mamma mia
Registered Users

My Mood:

We try to spend lots of time outside, my DD takes homeschool PE classes at the YMCA, and swimming lessons in the summer. We also go to weekly story times at the library where there is dancing, etc. Plus we have a membership to the Children's Museum where there is a "healthy body" section with lots of fun exercise stations. If we are really desperate in the wintertime (we live in WI) we go to the play area at McDonalds and let the kids go crazy there for an hour.
Homeschooling, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, breastfeeding, craft-lovin', mom of 3- DD1(6), DS(4), and DD2 (2) and am excited to be expecting #4 in September!

Check out my ETSY shop for mother and daughter bracelet sets and more!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/RichelleDesigns
mamma mia is offline   Reply With Quote