Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #31
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Memphis was born at 29 weeks but was cut off from oxygen, and was born dead so he had a pretty tough start. He is almost 9 months old and we're just now getting the hang of head control. He can roll, but that's about it for now.

Advertisement

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #32
fulloflove2
Registered Users

Re: how early was your preemie,and when did they hit milestones?

My twins were born at 27 weeks. They are now 14 weeks and have been home for 3 weeks now. Im glad you started this thread.
fulloflove2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #33
Kiwee
Registered Users
seller

Dd was 33 weeks and his now almost three!
Gross motor skills and fine motor skills she was consistently behind her actual age, but very close to her gestational age.
Things like word recognition, memory, speech ect, she was always on par with her actual age peers. By 2 you couldn't tell the difference and no longer needed to use/explain her adjusted age.
Kiwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #34
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Twin girls born at 29 weeks, nicu for 11 weeks, 9 months actual now. They hit cognitive milestones WAY before the markers. Grasping toys at 4 months, saying "momma" at 5 months, separation anxiety at 4ish months, crossing over at 6 months.

Physical milestones are all over the place. Sitting with help at 5 months but still cannot sit unassisted, standing at 6 months now pulling themselves up to standing position, rolling over front to back at 4 months but just now doing back to front. Trying to crawl this week. Feeding themselves crackers at 8 months, started solids at 6 months.

That's all I can remember right now LOL!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #35
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just found this forum and cried reading through these. I didn't feel like we fit into the special needs forum as we have no concrete needs right now, just delays. So I'm new to this forum . A and J were born at 26 weeks 3 days, 1 pound 12 and 1 pound 11. They are now 11 months (7 1/2 adjusted). They rolled over on schedule according to their adjusted ages but don't roll often. A is perfectly content to stay where you put her. J always rolls from back to tummy and stays there until she gets mad. They can almost sit up...but they've been there since adjusted 6 months old! They are eating baby food well now. A said Da Da Da 2 days ago. She also waves. J can wave but doesn't. A is definitely more social right now, which is odd because J was at the beginning. They are both smiley, happy girls, though. No pulling up, no crawling or precrawling. Very good with grasping and playing. They steal toys from each other all the time. Hardest part for me is the "one step forward 3 steps back". Does anyone else feel that? I mean, they will do something and then won't. For example when they were learning to eat. A, especially, would eat fine for a couple of days and then act like she forgot how to swallow for 4 days. Don't get me wrong, I rejoice in every accomplishment...but does anyone else get scared/frustrated?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #36
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
Hardest part for me is the "one step forward 3 steps back". Does anyone else feel that? I mean, they will do something and then won't. For example when they were learning to eat. A, especially, would eat fine for a couple of days and then act like she forgot how to swallow for 4 days. Don't get me wrong, I rejoice in every accomplishment...but does anyone else get scared/frustrated?
Yep, my girls do that too For a week one would wave and say "hi" and then stopped. The other only says "mama" when she wants me or I am leaving the room. They each have taken huge steps forward in eating and then revert back to bottles. They CAN feed themselves crackers and pieces of fruit but some days they start to gag. I think it might just be a phase some kids have for a while.

Big leap forward the last few days! One of my girls will put herself to sleep for naps and nap ALONE Hip, hip, hooray!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #37
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Big leap forward the last few days! One of my girls will put herself to sleep for naps and nap ALONE Hip, hip, hooray!
Oh what a joyful moment!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #38
Olenka
Registered Users
seller

My 28 weeker is now 4 y.o. and he caught up in every area between 1.5-2.
My 25 weeker is now 10 months old actual (7 months adjusted) and her weakest part is gross motor. Her upper body isn't strong enough for her to sit independently or to stay on all fours and start crawling yet. She starting belly scooting last week though.
Best wishes to all preemies and their families!
Olenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #39
firefighterwife
Registered Users
seller

Mine were early than typical gestation (34 and 5 weeks), but they were not "premature," if that makes sense. I just gestate more like a microwave (so did my mom and sister), rather than an oven or a slow cooker. LOL

My 34 weeker hit milestones well within the normal ranges for a "full term" baby. My 5 weeker was on the very early side for her milestones, when compared to the "full term" baby timeline.
firefighterwife is offline   Reply With Quote