Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #31
nevsmom06
Registered Users
seller

Re: Back carry with a newborn

Did you look at the wrap a baby photo tutorial? It's good too

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #32
Jellybeands
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks I like that website and the descriptions

Jellybeands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #33
avasmom3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I tried the BWCC tonight and it turned out ok. He ended up too low, but I think its because I use the hip scoot instead of the Santa toss. I cant seem to get the wrap tucked under his bum with the Santa toss. We used my new Geckos Nero and I it!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using DS Forum
Old 02-15-2012, 03:05 AM   #34
One Little Window
Registered Users
Formerly: mamainmaine
seller
seller

Still working on getting DD wrapped happily. I think I must have weird babies. I don't know how you ladies have happy wrapped babies. It's so frustrating sometimes. She naps wrapped on front, and the past couple days I've gotten her to hang out wrapped while awake, but only by using the pacifier. I'm trying to get her to use a pacifier now because like DS she's such a comfort nurser, that if she could just use one I think DS, DD and all the rest of us would be happier. It would mean that I could leave the house! Ahhh that would be nice, for poor DS too. We're all going stir crazy. Right now she's still at the point where unless she's nursing she's crying often... although she's definitely transitioning more to being awake and lookin' around. But put her facing me in a wrap awake? OH it makes her mad. She wants to look out.

Sorry - i guess it's just sort of a rant. I'm just ready to be able to do stuff again, and I feel like if I could just get her wrapped happily on my back we'd be able to have a life. I'm still tryin though! I got her wrapped on back twice, but she cried and cried so it only lasted a few minutes.
One Little Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #35
nevsmom06
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Little Window View Post
Still working on getting DD wrapped happily. I think I must have weird babies. I don't know how you ladies have happy wrapped babies. It's so frustrating sometimes. She naps wrapped on front, and the past couple days I've gotten her to hang out wrapped while awake, but only by using the pacifier. I'm trying to get her to use a pacifier now because like DS she's such a comfort nurser, that if she could just use one I think DS, DD and all the rest of us would be happier. It would mean that I could leave the house! Ahhh that would be nice, for poor DS too. We're all going stir crazy. Right now she's still at the point where unless she's nursing she's crying often... although she's definitely transitioning more to being awake and lookin' around. But put her facing me in a wrap awake? OH it makes her mad. She wants to look out.

Sorry - i guess it's just sort of a rant. I'm just ready to be able to do stuff again, and I feel like if I could just get her wrapped happily on my back we'd be able to have a life. I'm still tryin though! I got her wrapped on back twice, but she cried and cried so it only lasted a few minutes.
If Eisley is really upset or fussy when I wrap her, it takes a while for her to settle down. Sometimes it's upwards of ten minutes of me walking and rocking with her wrapped to get her to calm down, and i try to use a pacifier to help her too. Once she settles down she crashes and usually will sleep for an hour or two on me
I hope she settles into it soon for you.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #36
One Little Window
Registered Users
Formerly: mamainmaine
seller
seller

Well - I must have been in a rut mood wise before the storm broke. Today so far is awesome. I went out for the first time with both kids - up till now I'd been scared to 'cause I can't manhandle my boob enough to nurse in a wrap.

Using the paci - I'm now a fan of those things - I put her in the wrap in the car, she fell asleep, and DS and I walked through Lowe's pretend shopping for almost 2 hours! We live in a small town, it's really cold, and going there and riding in their big blue "car" cart is one of his favorite things to do...

AND - my new woven wrap came in the mail now so I'm totally motivated.

Thanks Kristen! I think I do need to get her on my back and just be patient and see if she settles. This week I can tell she's getting a little easier and that it might be possible.
One Little Window is offline   Reply With Quote