Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Christina452
Registered Users
seller

First time mama in desperate need of diapers! (Am I posting in the right place?)

I am wondering if any of you lovely ladies with unneeded diapers in used but good condition would be willing to bless a friend in pretty dire financial circumstances?

They moved to our small town for our church and are working alongside those who struggle with addictions while trying to do freelance work.
She and her husband are first time parents about to have a little boy and she wants to cloth diaper so badly but has few resources to do so. They are very hard working people who are under employed at the moment and are drowning in student related debt. Every penny they make already belongs to someone else and they work long hours to pay their bills. I know this is the story of so many people but I also know how much it would richly bless her to receive a small lot of cloth diapers for her up coming shower. I have some good quality prefolds I'm going to give her but my husband was laid off in November and so I can't afford to buy her much more than one diaper cover to go along with them.

Because cloth diapering can be confusing for a newbie, and because she is the type to be easily overwhelmed, if you'd like to give I'll include a short list of what I am sure would be used and well loved!

-Any good condition pocket diaper.
-Diaper covers like flips or thirsties
-Any prefold as long as it's absorbent

Fitteds would be ok but our water is very hard so not anything with too many layers stitched together.

If you read this story and would like to further bless her with things you might have other than diapers I know she has registered for an inexpensive Mei Tai style carrier, 7th generation new born disposable diapers, a bath robe, a couple of small glass bottles like born free and a boppy cover (I have a boppy to give her but it's pretty rough looking...)

To anyone who would like to give- thank you so much! If you have a couple in good condition to give please contact me, I would be happy to pay shipping!

Advertisement

Christina452 is offline   Reply With Quote