Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #11
skayers01
Registered Users

Re: DD insisits on crying herself to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcampcat
I do think it has a lot to do with personality--she is definitely a strong-willed child. I hope our next baby is not like this! It is so hard-- to you mama. I wish I had more advice.
So is Hailyn, but smart as a whip! Have you noticed the same? Hailyn can already spell her name, Mommy and Daddy! Don't worry though, Ashton is sooooo easier than Hailyn. He's so mellow and he sleeps! I thought something was wrong our first week home with him!

Advertisement

Old 07-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #12
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

What is weird to me is that even with her meltdowns, I would consider my dd an easy baby. She is generally happy, and after a meltdown, she is back to her normal happy self. The most difficult thing is figuring out what she wants because I am not even sure she knows. When she was first born, she was actually diagnosed as having "sleepy baby syndrome". She would sleep through anything, even a bath, and it was very hard to wake her to nurse. I never thought I would have a problem getting her to sleep. We have tried everything except leaving her alone, and I just don't have the heart to do that. It helps to know that she isn't the only baby who does this.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #13
Gwen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe she needs an earlier bedtime - my DD did the same thing untill we started
pushing her bedtime back. She has been going to bed at 6 pm everynight since 6 months - and goes right down.

She sleeps till 6:30am and wakes twice to nurse. She takes 3- 1hour naps during the day.

She just goes to bed early - G
Old 07-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #14
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just going to throw in that I reallywouldn't say that Drake is happy a lot, but he can be. There are a lot of things that upset him....and it seems like we can be having a really good day...and once one TINY little thing goes bad/wrong/not the way he wanted...then it's all over it seems...like a domino effect..just gets worse and the only thing that really 'reboots' him is sleep...whether it's a real nap, a power nap, or bedtime. He can have some really good moments though...so good that sometimes I wonder if it's all in my head....until he starts freaking out again
Old 07-06-2006, 11:54 PM   #15
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Could it be gas? Have you tried gas drops? Have you been feeding her something different lately that might not be agreeing with her?
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:05 AM   #16
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

My girls do this. Mostly Dylan and Abby. I try to not let them cry but I can't comfort one without the other one screaming at me. I've tried getting them up and rocking them but they just want to look around and play. I really hate it but I let them cry for a few minutes and usually are alseep within 30 seconds. If they cry longer I always go to them. But I understand your frusteration.