Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #41
ashleyandbaby2010
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What would be your 1 big splurge?

My big splurge would definitely be a whole new AIO diaper stash. Buuut we are just going to use ds's prefolds and hopefully some new covers.

I had never seen aden and anais blankets before, after I looked, I showed my mom and told her this is what I wanted her to buy for dd - and she got her one! Just a swaddle, I can't see spending $50 on a blanket, but I have seen regular blankets in stores costing $30. So I am very excited to see/use it. Plus I love the idea of how breathable it is, being we will be in south Texas and it gets sooo hot down there.

BTW - I LOVE the floating bed!! I would be so nervous that it would come crashing down when I got in it though! And I'm with pp, I wonder what it would do to bedtime activities!

Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #42
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's great your mom bought the swaddles! Purchases like that sometimes need to be explained and the person buying them get their hands on it to see that they're different that the $5 walmart swaddles. We're moving somewhere hot so I'd like them for the same reason. Going to check out JoAnn's this weekend and check out their muslin.

As for the floating bed... Guess you'd have to go with the flow a bit, have some rhythm ykwim? I was concerned about getting dizzy in them but supposedly because it's a pendulum motion, you don't get sick.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #43
ashleyandbaby2010
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaChellsRun
That's great your mom bought the swaddles! Purchases like that sometimes need to be explained and the person buying them get their hands on it to see that they're different that the $5 walmart swaddles. We're moving somewhere hot so I'd like them for the same reason. Going to check out JoAnn's this weekend and check out their muslin.

As for the floating bed... Guess you'd have to go with the flow a bit, have some rhythm ykwim? I was concerned about getting dizzy in them but supposedly because it's a pendulum motion, you don't get sick.
I would be interested in buying some muslin too....I wonder if you could use it for a baby wrap? That would be a great alternative to some of the woven wraps given the heat and sweating and all.

And yes, I kwum! Hehehe
Old 01-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #44
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyandbaby2010 View Post
I would be interested in buying some muslin too....I wonder if you could use it for a baby wrap? That would be a great alternative to some of the woven wraps given the heat and sweating and all.

And yes, I kwum! Hehehe
I have a gauze wrap, which will be cool. This site recommends against muslin wraps...

http://www.mothers-helper.ca/bestfabrics.htm

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12

Last edited by SeaChellsRun; 01-16-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #45
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Moonlight - This is th email I received from Amby...

Thank you for your enquiry. I’m not sure where you are located, but the recall only affects the USA and Canada. The USA distributors issued a recall kit at the time of the recall, but they have since closed down and the kits that they offered are no longer available.

The recall kit is not used in any other country that Amby is distributed to as it has not been deemed necessary when the assembly instructions are followed. If you need a copy of the instructions you can view them here: http://174.120.139.35/~wwwbabyh/amby_baby_hammocks.pdf.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
Old 01-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #46
ashleyandbaby2010
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:

I have a gauze wrap, which will be cool. This site recommends against muslin wraps...

http://www.mothers-helper.ca/bestfabrics.htm
Thank you
Old 01-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #47
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Moonlight - This is th email I received from Amby...

Thank you for your enquiry. I'm not sure where you are located, but the recall only affects the USA and Canada. The USA distributors issued a recall kit at the time of the recall, but they have since closed down and the kits that they offered are no longer available.

The recall kit is not used in any other country that Amby is distributed to as it has not been deemed necessary when the assembly instructions are followed. If you need a copy of the instructions you can view them here: http://174.120.139.35/~wwwbabyh/amby_baby_hammocks.pdf.
Thanks. I never even saw what the recall fix thing looks like, I got it from a friend I trust 100% when she was done with it. I guess when I finish unpacking everything else I will play with that.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #48
mom24munchkins
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I wonder how difficult(or fun?) it makes bedroom activities... if you know what I mean! LOL
This is what I was thinking

They do look nifty though!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #49
Ilovecaseyandcoh
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
Thanks. I never even saw what the recall fix thing looks like, I got it from a friend I trust 100% when she was done with it. I guess when I finish unpacking everything else I will play with that.
I'm using my amby with my second due April 3rd. The reason it was recalled was a little sketchy. It sounded to me like the parents did not read the directions.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #50
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovecaseyandcoh View Post
I'm using my amby with my second due April 3rd. The reason it was recalled was a little sketchy. It sounded to me like the parents did not read the directions.
Can't imagine if they're dangerous that they'd still be in business everywhere else in the world and the same business has been selling these since before I was born.

Anyhoo... As far as big slurges go. I still need to get the birthing kit and car seat so no 'fun' big slurges for me. Those are going to be around $3-400. I suppose the amby was a slurge. It's not a necessity but it will be so worth having somewhere else to lay down baby as we don't do cribs, bassinets etc.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12