Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Diaper Bag Suggestions?

Help me out here, ladies!

I'm looking for a diaper bag for my twins who are due in a few months. I'd love to support a WAHM, but an open to big brands also.

To be honest, I'm a FTM and am not sure what I'm looking for.
I just know it needs to be a bit bigger than average, because it needs to accommodate a couple cloth diapers for each of them (which is why I'm asking here instead of another forum).

Functionality is obviously 1st priority, but style is also important. I've actually considered getting a Fossil bag and just modifying it or making do. I'm trying to stay away from primary colored/cartoon character monstrosities.

Any suggestions? What features would you consider most important for 2 infants?

Advertisement

KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Diaper Bag Suggestions?

We have the Ergo backpack. Large, lots of pockets and machine washable! Love it
Old 02-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

I went with a big Clinique bag (my sister got it for buying so much make-up). It's deep and very washable, which is perfect. I don't have twins, but I have 4 kids, 4 and under, and carry a bit of everything in there between 2 sizes of diapers, toys, extra clothes, etc. For the bottles I use a bottle bag that is insulated and I just throw it in the Clinique bag so having a lot of pockets doesn't matter too much. It has one big, inside pocket where I put lip balm, hand sanitizer, etc.

You might find a great bag at a thrift or cosignment store... I don't like to spend a lot of money on diaper bags as they just get crap all over them from being dragged from place to place. I also don't like a lot of pockets because things just get lost in there and I forget about it!
The features of bags most important for our family is how deep it is, if it can fit under our double jogger, and definitely no special instructions when washing (I don't do anything that needs dry cleaned!).
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the Organizing Utility Tote from Thirty One ($25, thirtyonegifts.com) and also bought two of the zipper pouches to go inside ($12 each). I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I got two pouches so I could have my 18 month old's diapers in one and my newborn's diapers in the other. Both fit perfectly in the tote. I am currently using the other pouch (since the baby isn't here yet) to hold snacks for the toddler.. and am considering getting another zipper pouch for the bag.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
2peanuts1pumpkin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I like JuJuBe bags. When I had just twins, I used a BFF. Now that I have a third baby in CDs, I'm using a BePrepared, which is pretty huge but we have more than enough room in it.
2peanuts1pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
hokiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love the skip hop duo DOUBLE deluxe (the one made for twins, not the regular skip hop duo) - it attaches to a stroller with little clips, has lots of pockets and lots of room. LOVE this bag.
I have 5 in diapers and it works for me - though with this many I carry an extra small bag just for the diapers. For just 2 or 3 in diapers I wouldn't need another bag.
[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Susanna, happily married crispy-crunchy, babywearing 3 at a time, nursing, baby food making, homeschooling, engineer/math geek Mamma to: Big kid (7.5), Toddler triplets, 2.5 B/G/G and twin boys (almost 1) B/B
hokiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
hokiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:

test post, ignore
[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Susanna, happily married crispy-crunchy, babywearing 3 at a time, nursing, baby food making, homeschooling, engineer/math geek Mamma to: Big kid (7.5), Toddler triplets, 2.5 B/G/G and twin boys (almost 1) B/B
hokiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
JessicaArizona
Yes...we know what causes it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE the organization in the JuJuBe bags! I've tried several different brands but when it came down to funtionality, I have ALWAYS returned to my JuJuBe bags. I have a Packabe a BeRightBack (it's ok) and a BePrepared Hope that helps!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I have had both skip hop and jujube bags and love both brands! We've always had 2-3 in diapers at a time.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

With the girls I had the Skip Hop Duo Double and really, really liked it. I also carried a vera bradley diaper bag for awhile. Both were big enough for twins with tons of extras. The shape of the VB was not as comfy for me, but I loved that it was super light. I didn't CD at the time, but we did have reflux-y girls so ALWAYS carried extra outfits, tons of burp cloths, bibs etc. For the newbie, I got the Skip Hop Versa and I love it so much I have been using it already since Christmas! I think it would be great for twins. We are going to homeschool, so I anticipate needing lots of space for all three kids for the next couple years. It also does not look like a diaper bag and I've even taken it on girls' nights out...and gotten compliments! It expands too, which is nice for extra space. I really really love it!

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote