Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Potty Boot Camp

Has anyone used this book/method? Any input? TIA!

Sent using DS Forum

Advertisement

hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
yatts10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibiscus869
Has anyone used this book/method? Any input? TIA!

Sent using DS Forum
I haven't tried this method, but we are doing the potty training in 3 days. So far it is great.
yatts10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Re: Potty Boot Camp

Thanks for responding! I've been reading the thread about that book too. The Potty Boot Camp ebook was only $4 so I went ahead and got it, I'm reading it now. But I hear good things about the 3 day method as well.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Unfortunately this forum doesn't get as much traffic as others, but I wanted to update any case anyone is interested in the Potty Bootcamp method.

It's essentially a combo of Potty Train in a Day, Timing Method, and Naked & 75. You use a timer, naked time, rewards, and practice to help them learn.

I tweaked this method to suit my own needs- I haven't been as regimented about the timer and we went right to naked time because I think in the early days they really need to feel and see that they've had an accident and I don't go to trainers for a while unless we're going out of the house. However I do think the potty drills (practicing running to the potty) are very helpful, the suggestions for rewards, and also it's been good to have a general outline to follow. I also like that the book is very short and to the point (it took me 20 minutes to read), inexpensive (less than $4), and there's a facebook page where you can post or read other questions/responses. It can be used with children as young 18 months.

It is working for us, my 18 month old self-initiated at the end of day 1 which was AMAZING and unexpected. We're still working on it of course, but I definitely think this is a method that can work if you and your child are ready to dive in. I hope that helps anyone that's looking for PLing books/methods.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi, thanks for posting this! My 19 mo is showing signs that he wants to use the potty. Basically resisting the diaper when I change him, especially at night. I set up the small potty in the living room (we live in a split-level with no bathroom on the main level!) and he is liking sitting on it, wants to be naked when he does. All these are good signs I know. I am in no hurry to give up diapers, but don't want to miss this window of his desire to learn... I have tried early trainig wtih all my others - it worked with my 1st because he was my only child at the time and i had time to "make him go". With #2 he would scream at putting the nighttime diaper on, and I really hate even remembering that.
So avoiding any negatives here. I may just get this book since it can be used with young ones!!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
hibiscus869
Registered Users

I'm glad my post was helpful to you!

Last edited by hibiscus869; 02-29-2012 at 06:44 PM.