Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Wholemom
Registered Users
seller

AF return already?! TMI ALERT

DD2 is 5 weeks old. Postpartum flow stopped completey 2 weeks ago. but last night and this afternoon noticed some pink when I wiped. Say it isnt so. AF didnt come back til 10 months postpartum with DD1.

Advertisement

Wholemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: AF return already?! TMI ALERT

Mine came back at 6-8 weeks every time even with EBF =(
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Normal Postpartum Bleeding

Color: Bright red, tapering off to pink, then brownish, brownish-yellow and finally white discharge
Flow: Heavier immediately following delivery for the first 4 days, then increasingly lighter over the course of 10 days to 6 weeks
Sudden Change: A sudden increase in the amount of bleeding or a color change back to bright red may be normal if you have increased your activities too much -- too soon. If this occurs, back off completely and give your body a chance to recuperate fully before resuming your normal pace.
Clots: Initially, you may find you are passing small clots. This is normal.
Stops and starts: There are women that experience an almost complete end to their bleeding, only to suddenly start up again approximately two weeks after delivery. This may appear to be similar to a regular menstrual cycle but generally is an indication of the remainder of the uterine lining dissipating.
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholemom View Post
DD2 is 5 weeks old. Postpartum flow stopped completey 2 weeks ago. but last night and this afternoon noticed some pink when I wiped. Say it isnt so. AF didnt come back til 10 months postpartum with DD1.
Don't panic yet. That actually happened to me with DD3. PP stopped, then a couple of weeks later it came back. Then that went away and I never got AF back until after a year.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mine has stopped and started so many times this time I lost track. I won't bleed at all for a few days, then it's bright red again for a few days. I'm not worried unless it goes on past 6 weeks, then I'll talk to my dr about it.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
Wholemom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncatsmeow View Post
Normal Postpartum Bleeding

Color: Bright red, tapering off to pink, then brownish, brownish-yellow and finally white discharge
Flow: Heavier immediately following delivery for the first 4 days, then increasingly lighter over the course of 10 days to 6 weeks
Sudden Change: A sudden increase in the amount of bleeding or a color change back to bright red may be normal if you have increased your activities too much -- too soon. If this occurs, back off completely and give your body a chance to recuperate fully before resuming your normal pace.
Clots: Initially, you may find you are passing small clots. This is normal.
Stops and starts: There are women that experience an almost complete end to their bleeding, only to suddenly start up again approximately two weeks after delivery. This may appear to be similar to a regular menstrual cycle but generally is an indication of the remainder of the uterine lining dissipating.

Thanks Mamas! This was especially helpful.
Wholemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yes mine stopped about 5 days pp and then came back a couple of weeks later and then went away again.
dncegrl is online now   Reply With Quote