Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #11
leanntoland
Registered Users

We have a prescription for some Zantac, hopefully that helps! He is up to 9lbs, 2oz which is up from 8/12 on Tuesday. At least he is putting on weight! it's a lot of weight for a few days, but I think sometimes he is nursing just to suck and soothe himself. I may look for the mylanta too! Thanks for all the input!

Advertisement

leanntoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #12
LilyOlivesMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Every feeding is a struggle!

Sounds like my DS. Yes, reflux. When DS was 4 wks old he stopped breathing after nursing. DH did CPR and we spent a week in the hospital. Had tons and tons of tests and was dx with silent reflux. He's been on Prevacid ever since (he's now 17 weeks) and is a completely different kiddo. I've also been off of all dairy since then. He also sees a chiropractor regularly. I ended up pumping for 9 wks so we could encourage him to have smaller meals and so we could keep him more upright during feeds. He's back to the breast now thankfully. When baby's done feeding I would wrap him in a wrap so he can be upright to lessen his likeliness of refluxing. Good luck. It's awful to see them in pain
LilyOlivesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
LilyOlivesMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanntoland View Post
We have a prescription for some Zantac, hopefully that helps! He is up to 9lbs, 2oz which is up from 8/12 on Tuesday. At least he is putting on weight! it's a lot of weight for a few days, but I think sometimes he is nursing just to suck and soothe himself. I may look for the mylanta too! Thanks for all the input!
Zantac doesn't work for a lot of babies. Prevacid is a different class of drugs which many do well on. Hope you find something that works for him. (DS started out on Zantac)
LilyOlivesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #14
Bethandthe4
Registered Users

My Mood:

My middle son was on baby zantac and it helped him so much. He was a screamer all the time... after the medicine it was better.. Now he is 12 and we joke because he is our quietest child. I always say it's cause he screamed for the first year. Good luck with your son and I hope the medicine helps!
Bethandthe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #15
littlemommyof4
Registered Users
seller

I was thinking reflux also
littlemommyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote