Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #21
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: *May 2011 Mamas - February Chat Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
My super delayed little girlies are achieving "baby steps". This week A finally started rolling a bunch and J scoots backwards all over the floor. Sometimes it is so hard to think that they are nearly one and cannot even sit up, but I am trying to rejoice in the successes and the fact that they do keep achieving...just at their own micropreemie pace !
Aww - that's so great that they're progressing! All babies do things at their own pace

I always have to remember to be DS's biggest cheerleader. He's been a tiny peanut since early on and people are always surprised when I tell them how old he is. I feel like I have to point it out before they say something. It's hard not to do that!

Advertisement

Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #22
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
I always have to remember to be DS's biggest cheerleader. He's been a tiny peanut since early on and people are always surprised when I tell them how old he is. I feel like I have to point it out before they say something. It's hard not to do that!
I hear you. I was so excited when my 3rd weighed 18 pounds at 11 months...I thought I might actually get one to 20 pounds at a year! But nope...he only made it to 19. It's odd with the girlies though because they are the same size as all my babies at a year...but physically like 7 or 8 month olds.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #23
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well my little end of May babies that came soooo early are 1. We had a fun weekend and a bunch of the family came down to see them baptized. We are truly blessed. They had a first this weekend...swimming. They loved it so I have to show a picture of them in their sweet little suits...is their anything cuter than babies in swimsuits?!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #24
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Aw! Happy birthday to your beautiful girls! They look so precious in their swim suits
Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #25
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookeeper View Post
Aw! Happy birthday to your beautiful girls! They look so precious in their swim suits
Thank you! And it was so joyful to be able to take them into the pool. No monitors or oxygen to remove and no worry about if they were going to get too sick! They made it! Through that first scary scary year!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #26
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Just popping in to say hello! Mamas. I've been MAKING myself take a DS break. Lol. But I'm back. I'll catch up and still need to get some pics posted later.
Hugs!!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #27
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas, I've been lurking more than posting here lately. I guess we have all been super busy lately. This thread has been so slow. I think of all of you often though and wonder how your littles are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
Aww - that's so great that they're progressing! All babies do things at their own pace

It made me smile when you said that you have to try to be your son's biggest cheerleader. This is really true. It's as if you just know someone is going to ask and so you go ahead and get it over with. I am that way with my older DS as his speech is delayed. But really I am so proud of him. I think the defensiveness (at least for me that's what I would call it) comes from my feeling protective. And that's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
Well my little end of May babies that came soooo early are 1. We had a fun weekend and a bunch of the family came down to see them baptized. We are truly blessed. They had a first this weekend...swimming. They loved it so I have to show a picture of them in their sweet little suits...is their anything cuter than babies in swimsuits?!

Oh my goodness!! You're so right - there is NOTHING cuter than babies in their swimsuits. I'm so glad they are doing so well. I know it must have been a tough first year for you and your family. Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippytoe View Post
Just popping in to say hello! Mamas. I've been MAKING myself take a DS break. Lol. But I'm back. I'll catch up and still need to get some pics posted later.
Hugs!!
Well, hello! I understand needing a break from DS sometimes. It really sucks you in if you let it!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #28
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookeeper View Post
Yeah, he woke up hystetical at 1am on Thursday, so off we went to the ER, he kept telling me his penis hurt and the last time that happened, he had a hernia and torsed testicle....so I wasn't messing around! We don't like to do antibiotics, but it was so severe, I didn't want to chance a kidney infection He will NOT drink cranberry juice, but I was thonking of getting the cranberry pills and crushing them in his yogurt...

Toby is pulling up on us, but not crawling yet, although he will rock on all fours He is finally eating solids...thank goodness, because he has now decided that he won't drink milk from a bottle, OY! So, I have like 100oz that a friend is picking up tonight because no one at my house will drink it. Story of my life, seriously. With my first I couldn't pump enough for him and now, I'm rocking the pump and my youngest only wants it from the tap! Argh!

I have some pics to share, but I am on my phone, so only have this one. We just had 9mo pics done, so when we get them back I will add more!

~Rachel
Such a cute picture - I just saw this!! I'm behind on reading all of the posts. I can't believe your LO won't drink all that precious milk from a bottle! How frustrating! Hope your older kiddo is feeling completely better now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke View Post
Hello all! I loved reading everybody's updates (except the ER trip Rachel, yikes!)

DS had his 9 month checkup today and is 19lbs 29.75in. He's finally pulling himself to standing and his version of crawling is a combination of an army crawl and scooting. He has to go see a pediatric urologist because his testicles still haven't descended. I didn't think anything of it until I changed my friends' babies diapers and both of them had descended testicles so I asked the pedi today and he wants to get a second opinion because he could only feel one...? The place he referred us has a 4 month wait, which is fine with me, by the time we get in he'll be just over 1 year and if it's the same kind of wait for surgery (if he even needs it), that's more time to give his testicles to drop on their own. And if they don't drop on their own, it'll be taken care of before he'll have long term memories of surgery/recovery.
Oh I hope he doesn't have to have surgery too. Keep us updated!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #29
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay... so I have one more post! Sorry for the overload. I know we talked about doing a birthday swap and it just dawned on me that we better get organized so we have time to make things and since watermelon's girls just had their birthday (so sorry - I guess their gifts will be late!) Can you girls throw out some ideas as to what you would like to do? We need to consider:

- price limit
- handmade/WAHM or store bought
- wish lists
- timeline
- anything else you can think of

I thought about doing an official DS swap through the swap forum. I could apply to be a swap host but I don't know if everyone qualifies to be a swap participant because you have to have 10 transactions I think. So if you are all comfortable with it, we could just organize it ourselves. I hope that's okay anyway... I'm going to go with it. If need be and we want to do it but can't do it here, we can communicate by e-mail. Okay, so share your ideas!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #30
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Im ok doing the swap just through us. I'd say $20 max, I'm not real crafty, so how about either handmade or WAHM purchased, and say sent within a cpl weeks of the actual birthday...we could just have one of us put the kiddos names in a hat and draw them out. (I'd be happy to take both of Watermelon's girls, we can swing two gifts!)