Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #81
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

Re: Grr to: "I'm not a mom of multiples BUT..."

yeah....baby gate is a necessity in our house! Our winding staircase is all wood and the steps are very narrow since we're in Europe. So if my twins climbed up and fell, it'd probably be an ER trip. Sometimes I just wanna be able to have 2 minutes to myself to go to the bathroom with the door closed

My toddlers like to tag-team me...one distracts me while the other gets into/grabs/goes somewhere he shouldn't. A lot of the times it's just me and them since DH works long hours/goes TDY to other countries frequently, so I can't always watch them like a hawk all the time.

Sorry, that's a big pet peeve of mine when people make me feel like I'm not a good enough mom because I don't shadow/helicopter my twins all day to make sure they stay out of trouble.

-this one's sort of cute. Everytime we go out to a German store or restaraunt, the German ladies always coo over my guys. But they tell me I *must* dress them identical since they're twins

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #82
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Just got 4 "double trouble" comments on ONE Trader Joe's run...they were actually really happy today too. Odd...
It always makes me laugh (in a pained way) at how satisfied people seem with themselves when they make that particular comment. They always seem to be so sure they are the first to say it, and they are oh-so-clever. Obviously they have no idea some of us have heard it dozens of times!

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #83
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
It always makes me laugh (in a pained way) at how satisfied people seem with themselves when they make that particular comment. They always seem to be so sure they are the first to say it, and they are oh-so-clever. Obviously they have no idea some of us have heard it dozens of times!
Seriously! One lady who said that later told me she has a set of twins, I wanted to say, "Then you know how annoying that comment is!"
Old 02-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #84
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Funny thing that happens to me often happened again today. I am hard of hearing, my left ear is 55dB so I can rarely hear conversation on that side, my right ear is not that bad. We have talked a lot here about how people constantly comment about our multiples, well sometimes that person is on my left side. Today I was at Whole Foods with the hubby and girls and I guess a woman must have been talking about/to us when I was searching the fish. When I turned to ask my hubby if he wanted fish tonight this lady gave me a nasty look then talked to my daughter in the Ergo and said, "Well I guess your mommy doesn't want to smile or talk to me but you do." I laughed a little as I walked away, I cannot hear you!