Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
Registered Users
What do i do after grafting?!

I'm stuck! I graft the gusset together, and now I have no yarn to start on the legs with? How do I get my yarn going again, and work the legs down? I saw
To pick up stitches, i just don't see
How if I have nothing to work with. Do I just tie one end on somewhere or what? I'm doing the eviepants pattern, and it doesn't explain anything at this point

WooferMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What do i do after grafting?!

I just finished my first Evie Pants and I agree...the pattern is kind of unclear there. I'm not sure if this is what I was supposed to do, but I just looped the yarn from the ball around the needle (in looking back, I probably should have done a slip knot, but it turned out fine) and started knitting. Once I weaved in the end, it wasn't going to go anywhere and the shorties looked just fine.
Lora, Wife to my best friend and homeschooling SAHM to:
A (3-07) , K (10-08) , C (7-12) my RAINBOW baby & K (8-14) our Subchorionic Hemorrhage/Chronic Placenta Abruption miracle, born at 36 weeks
Forever missing the baby that left too soon ~ August 18, 2011 ~ 7 weeks, 2 days
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
That's basically what I do. Pull a loop of yarn through the first stitch where you want to start, then knit with both strands for three stitches, then drop the end and keep going.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What do i do after grafting?!

On the side of the graft with the tail, I spit splice it if possible, and knit along with it - no ends! On the other side, yes just put the right needle through, put the new yarn over the tip with the tail to the right, and pull the loop through. No need to anchor it or knit strands together. It will hold tight just fine and then you just weave the end in as part of the finishing process as usual.
Loving mama through surrogacy. Induced lactation for 9 months for DD 3/31/09 and doing it again for DS 12/9/2010!
IHA: el bees, NWT NB fleece wrap, Softbums mini pods, yarn - DD, DH, RB, ATTD etc., more yarn, girl longies, Bottombumpers, baby girl clothes, vintage flats
fallaway is offline   Reply With Quote