Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #141
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 babies- February chat :)

I don't get much sleep either. I just can't fall asleep quickly so I think that's most of it. And Naima has been having us get up 2-3 times a night for the last couple months, too.

Getting ready to head out for the day! I'm bringing my swimming suit... not sure if I'll actually put it on, but I'm bringing it!

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #142
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl
Whoo hoo for a no drama event!!! And I loved the pics on fb, you must post more. I wish I could knit or crochet, but I don't have the space or time for another addicting craft!

I Tried to make nesting boxes and it was a complete failure. I got 1 box after about 4 hours. Forget that. Then I made the girls flannel & denim rag quilts. I used old pfs for batting. They are super warm and the girls love them. Caspian's is next. They were so much fun to make. I needed a project that was fun to up my motivation.

Caspian is still not sleeping through the night. He seems to not want to nurse during the day, or he gets highly distracted. But at night he nurses every 2-3 hrs!! And he likes our bed. Not necessarily to snuggle, he just sprawls out and grins. If I knew he was going to be so giant I would've never have bought a mini crib!

Anyone else not getting much sleep still? The girls both slept if not through the night, they were only waking up once or so. I'm at a complete loss. Ray said we should start supplementing him or something, but cone on he is in no way deprived at 21 lbs.
Hmmm not to rub it in but micah sleeps from like 9pm to 8am! I am so spoiled...but duringn the day nurses every 2 hrs.
So it sounds as if he needs to flip his schedule? Try to feed him more during the day and right before you want him to go to bed. Maybe this will help?
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #143
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Evan wears amber. Good thing too, b/c he's getting 3 more teeth! He's been doing well most nights sleeping from 10ish to 6:30am. But he nurses NONSTOP during the day. So frustrating. I can't get anything done.If I put him down he's only good for 10-15 min's before crying. sigh.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #144
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

quick fly by...trying to survive a crazy week. our couples retreat went great. but the kids have been sick since we got back. took sydney to the walk-in on saturday, ear infection. elijah was so sick yesterday he literally laid on the couch all day. the only time he was not under 2 blankets on the couch was when he took a nap. he seems better today. then had to take kezia into the walk-in today because I thought I had accidentally dislocated her shoulder! it has been a very emotionally draining day. she is fine. she was sliding down my lap, and I went to grab her up and pulled on her arm funny. I heard it pop and she fussed and cried for quite a while. I could see she was not using her shoulder and started freaking out. luckily wayne was able to come home from church and we went to the walk-in. did a few x-rays to be sure nothing was broken. she suddenly started moving her arm more like normal at the end of the appointment. so, I feel a little better, but it was scary when she could not move her arm and cried any time she was bumped. just getting her into her carseat was pretty traumatic. my anxiety was through the roof. finally feeling a little relaxed...but we have a bunch of people coming over tomorrow night and my living room floor looks like it could feed a small island nation. the kids have been helping themselves to saltines the last 2 days and the crumbles are everywhere. just a little more breathing and relaxing, then it's hover time!
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #145
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Leaving for China in the am. Of course I came down with the worst stomach bug ever last night. I literally slept on the bathroom floor throwing up every 20 mins all night long
Old 02-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #146
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Micah 6 mo stats: 27inches long and 18.9 lbs doing great!
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #147
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey everyone remember me?

I finally got my internet hooked up int the house. Our computer broke on the move down to AL and we just decided not to get one and I used the library computer but we couldn't do it any longer I broke down and bought a computer lol~

So my little ones are doing well Peyton is getting so big and I honestly think she is going to be the goofiest of all my goofballs. She loves to laugh and is CEAZY about her brothers. She has daddy wrapped around her finger already!

Other than that we are loving our home and geting accustomed to the town. It is a good town rich with history of both civil war and civil rights. There is a big celebration this weekend for the the anniversary of the civil rights movement.

As for how long we will be here I give it 2 yrs max. The school systems are horrible and you can not get anytype of anything healthy. We will online shop and drive hours to get what we need but in the mean time we wil enjoy our home and the people down here.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #148
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah.. the day before the last day of posts.. good timing. lol

Levi is 18lbs 2oz and 28.5inches long. His head of course is off the charts.. they measure by cm's and I never remember what they say.. but his head is about 18inches or so I believe.

Asfor the amber necklace.. I think they work around here.. atleast for teeth. It's not like everything changed the moment he put it on or anything.. but he's been a easy teether.. saying that, jake wore one day and night and everytime he got a tooth, he fussed all day long, got horrible poop and a snotty nose.. and was downright miserable.. so I don't think it's the necklace.. he wears it honestly because I think it looks cool.. not really because of the possible benefits.. he has teething tablets for that which I STRONGLY reccomend.. Helped all 3 kids, (not miranda, Ina, little girl I used to watch)

That teething stuff is the pits. or can be anyway..

Unfortunately, Levi's sleep is crappy either way. lol He's up 3+ times a night.. We moved the crib in, because it was silly to still be shoving my 28inch 6 month in the cosleeper. lol he seems to like the extra space.. but isn't sleeping any better. Jake started sleeping though the night (and self nightime weaned) at 7months.. so I'm hoping he'll start sleeping and wean himself too then.. wish me luck with my dream. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #149
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Hi gals. We are dealing with the flu here. I miss chatting with you all!! Hope to write more than this soon...

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #150
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Alison - good to hear from you!

Britt - hope your whole fam feels better soon.

sblakely - have fun in China!

Vanessa - Evan is too cute, love the avi pic!

Such cute babies!

Seeing as how Mary is 6 months tomorrow, I thought I would toss in my "then and now" pics. Her well-baby check up is Thursday, so we'll see what her stats are.

One day old -

6 months old -

5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote