Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #41
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do I NEED a rocker/glider?

I loved mine. I used it with both boys from the begining. It was great for nursing right before bed and those middle of the night feeds or if they woke up and needed some snuggles in the middle of the night. Mine had a very comfy coushin on the seat and back and a foot stool.. It was used with each DS until they moved out of the crib at age 2ish. It will go back into the nursery for the next baby.

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #42
Sylvie89
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a nice upholstered glider and rocking ottoman (Little castle or something like that...lack of sleep is making me forgetful). I thought we could move it to another part of the house when we were done with it in the nursery. It is the most comfortable piece of furniture we own (and most expensive as it is the only piece of furniture I have bought new!). It is wonderful having a comfortable place to sit and nurse, but I still don't think it is essential. In fact, I prefer nursing downstairs sitting in our ratty old recliner because I can sit cross-legged. I also third the mybreastfriend pillow recommendation.

With regard to the ottoman, I don't need it at all. The cat likes to sleep on it. It is too tall to put your feet on when nursing. I would much rather have a nursing stool
Sylvie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #43
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just got a recliner, and love it! Had one for DS1 and when DS2 came along we bought another one. One is downstairs in our living room, and the other is in my bedroom to rock DS2 to sleep. Couldn't live without them actually.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #44
greencarnation
Registered Users

My Mood:

I didn't have one, and never felt the need for one. My son was a really mellow newborn, though.
greencarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #45
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylion View Post
To solve this problem I recommend my breast friend nursing pillow. I am prone to back pain and I was fine as long as I used the pillow.
I had a boppy, believe it or not, and it just didn't work wonders for me like others say it should have. Poor toddler sized infant DS was just so heavy. He'd sink into it and it really didn't do much as far as lifting him up towards the breast and I always still ended up hunching over the pillow once my arms got too tired to hold him to breast.

DH's grandmother is offering us an old rocking recliner type chair. I just really don't think sinking into an old chair could be good for nursing though... but if we don't need to spend the money, we really shouldn't.....

hmmm... decisions, decisions
Old 02-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #46
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know if I'd get one if I was having another baby. If my twins were fussing rocking didn't help. The only way to stop their crying would be just to walk around the house. It was nice to have if we were literally up all night long and just needed to sit for a minute. But overall...I don't think i'd consider getting one...
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #47
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910

I had a boppy, believe it or not, and it just didn't work wonders for me like others say it should have. Poor toddler sized infant DS was just so heavy. He'd sink into it and it really didn't do much as far as lifting him up towards the breast and I always still ended up hunching over the pillow once my arms got too tired to hold him to breast.

DH's grandmother is offering us an old rocking recliner type chair. I just really don't think sinking into an old chair could be good for nursing though... but if we don't need to spend the money, we really shouldn't.....

hmmm... decisions, decisions
You might like the breast friend better. I don't have it but DH's cousin does and it is much much firmer than the boppy. I think it is only for nursing as opposed to boppy for sitting/propping baby etc. maybe why the boppy is more like a pillow and soft.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #48
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
You might like the breast friend better. I don't have it but DH's cousin does and it is much much firmer than the boppy. I think it is only for nursing as opposed to boppy for sitting/propping baby etc. maybe why the boppy is more like a pillow and soft.

Boppy and My Brest Friend pillows are completely different. I prefer Boppy, but my good friend preferred My Brest Friend. Brest Friend is foam - much stiffer than the Boppy which is really just a funny shaped pillow.

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd

Last edited by linzbear; 02-27-2012 at 07:59 PM.
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #49
naomi's mama
Registered Users
seller

We never had one. Both my kids nursed until 15-20 months. Never had to be rocked to sleep and as far as nursing, I just nursed in bed or holding them. Both kids also learned to sleep in a crib by about 8 months with no rocking, so I don't think it's necessary.
naomi's mama is offline   Reply With Quote