Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #11
Re: Domperidone

Originally Posted by CAaddict View Post
I've been taking it for about three months and haven't gained any weight. I respond really well to it and am down to 1 pill, 3x per day. I, too, believe I started struggling when my LO started STTN/I stopped waking to pump.
good to hear! i wonder if the weight gain that some women experience has to do with increased hunger from increased lactation and increase bowel movements (dom is a gi stimulant after all,) causing increased hunger. I know sometimes nursing moms gain weight because they'll eat a lot more, and a lot of times moms who nurse will lose weight. I was talking to the mamas on the pumping group on FB and some were saying they gained, some said they lost weight, and others said they didn't have any changes. maybe it's not directly related to the drug?

JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I buy from the same company. I have to take 4 pills 4x a day. I tried 3 pills 4x a day and didn't notice one difference. Once I increased to 16 pills I noticed a significant difference.

Just a question, are you solely pumping or BF'ng too?
Nicole--Proud wife, WAHM to DD1 P & DD2 J
Cupcake's Closet on HC DS :: Facebook

iluvmyortiz1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:29 AM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth

I'm not sure if the drug itself made me gain weight or if it just stimulated my appetite. But I also noticed that if I didn't take in enough calories, my supply dropped even with domperidone. But I was pumping for twins, so it may not be an issue if you're pumping for 1.
Proud wife to Air Force DH. Honored SAHM to my twins Samuel and David.
EP'ed for 1 year!
Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote