Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #11
Ecomoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: double needles brother machine

Yea, you are right. I guess the one time I tried to use the zigzag with the single needle, I must have had it on the straight stitch. Thanks for clearing that up. I have never had a computerized machine. That and I am suffering from some insane pregnancy brain. And I am just making excuses for my stupidity, haha.

Thanks, you were a big help. I feel like I need to go eat some fish or something...

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
placenta brain at its finest. You should hear some of the things I was guilty of during pregnancy.

Good luck and happy sewing.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #13
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecomoma View Post
Yea, you are right. I guess the one time I tried to use the zigzag with the single needle, I must have had it on the straight stitch. Thanks for clearing that up. I have never had a computerized machine. That and I am suffering from some insane pregnancy brain. And I am just making excuses for my stupidity, haha.

Thanks, you were a big help. I feel like I need to go eat some fish or something...
I've created some weird stitches on my machine from pushing too many buttons. You can adjust stitch length and width with just the plus/minus buttons, and if you didn't read the instructions (as I STILL haven't, lol) you can easily have it set to a zig-zag number (stitch preset) but accidentally adjust the stitch width so thin it looks like a straight stitch. Don't worry, it gets easier... though I still haven't used any of the awesome needle attachments the machine came with. I'm sure they are good for something though!

My favorite fish during pregnancy was Rainbow Trout. Lots of good fats, cooks nice with just butter, parsley and lemon, and super low on the mercury scale. Good luck!
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:57 AM   #14
QueenBee2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a brother ce8080 and have never used the twin needles? Although I have only been sewing diapers and inserts for a month so I am not an expert I did have an issue the second day I bought it with a needle jamming on a zigzag stitch single needle and I called Brother and the woman told me her daught sews diapers and with the elastic and thickness try using the single ballpoint 14, so I did and been perfect since good luck!
QueenBee2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 AM   #15
QueenBee2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I forgot to add that for soakers if your machine comes with an overcasting foot, G I think, it does an awesome over cast stitch that looks like they were done by a serger!! Here is a picture http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1358637
QueenBee2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #16
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecomoma View Post
See now I looked an looked on Joann's and couldn't find one. Sheesh, haha... Now I feel silly.

It is a SC6600... Why do you think the double needle option means you shouldn't buy it? Honestly, I have never had a machine that needle a double needle and thought it was because I had always had cheaper models. Turns out I hate the feature. It's just a PIA to thread. I like a machine I can set up and go.
All machines with a zig zag stitch can use a double needle. IF it was the only way the machine would work for a zig zag then it would be too cumbersome to use on normal projects using knits and with hundreds of machines to choose from no one who sews would want something that fiddly.
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote