Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Back to Breast

I have been EPing for almost 7 weeks. I would like to try to bring my LO back to breast when he hits 8 weeks. I really think his aversion to the breast was caused by birth trauma, so I wanted to give him some time to overcome that. He seems more relaxed in general, so I think it would be a good idea to start trying to get him to nurse at 8 weeks (1.5 weeks from now.) I plan on seeing my LC for help. Have anyone of you done this, and if so what advice and tips do you have? Can anyone recommend a good website?

JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Back to Breast

I did this with my little guy. My advice would be to take it slow and just try. It may take some time but stay relaxed and keep trying. Wishing you the best!

Jen --- Wife to Jeff --- Mom to Matthew (10/17/06) and Silas (10/19/11)
jenmomtomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
My Mood:

Heres what has.

I don't have personal experience but i wish you lots of good luck!
Mama to 1 girl born 07/13/2011 , Wife to a wonderful man , and we are a happy breastfeeding , nonvaxing, cosleeping , cloth diapering family!
ofthemoonsglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

You can do it! I EPd from 4 weeks until 13 weeks or so, as DS had some medical issues (stopped braething twice after nursing. I was seriously nervous to nurse again to say the least). Once he was refluxing less and happier in general I gave it a go. Took about a week and if he refused I'd just give him a bottle of milk, and try not to get either of us frustrated. I had planned on seeing an LC and had a nipple shield but fortunately he got it. Good luck! They're smart little things and capable of learning how to latch again.
BW, tandem BF, CDing crunchy Mama to
Lily Olive 7.23.09 & Frederick Blake 10.18.11
LilyOlivesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
Registered Users
Have you been feeding him via bottle? My first step would be to cut the bottles (and pacifier if you're using one) and use a spoon, syribge, cup etc. Babies have a need to suck and if the breast is his only option that will help a lot. Not to mention bottle is VERY diff from the breast. Lots of skin to skin, warm baths together, napping together and/or co-sleeping will help encourage him to nurse.
Single Mommy to my 3 year old DS born all natural. We are a Cosleeping, Breastfeeding, Babywearing Non-Vaxing DUO!!
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote