Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #211
ShyDaisi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big mammas Weight loss February Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerpeachee View Post
Your name: Mae
Starting Weight Highest ever 323 while pregnant. Starting weight 314
Current Weight 277!!!!
Short-Term Goal 255 by April 8th
Long-Term Goal 150-165
Weight Lost to Date 37 lbs!!!
Weight Loss Plan Low fat, almost no refined sugar, low carb but whole grains when eating carbs, LOTS and LOTS of tea

Hi eveyone,
I have been thinking about joining this thread for a while and I wanted to introduce myself. I have a looong way to go but I'm also well on my way!
Welcome!!

Advertisement

ShyDaisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #212
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!!!
I think I'll start exercising in the beginning of March (AH)
Old 02-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #213
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aside from being healthy, do any of you have other reasons you want to lose weight?

Mine... I want to be able to knit a sweater using less yarn, less money and less time Seriously. This ranks right up there as the #2 reason after being healthier for myself and my family.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #214
luvinmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So that I don't have to pay extra for larger sizes when I buy bridesmaids dresses. I have bought 3 dresses and each time paid $30 extra or more for size 18 or larger.

Oh and not being able to try them on in the store because the don't have my size on hand

Last edited by luvinmommy; 02-29-2012 at 07:43 AM.
luvinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #215
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP
Aside from being healthy, do any of you have other reasons you want to lose weight?

Mine... I want to be able to knit a sweater using less yarn, less money and less time Seriously. This ranks right up there as the #2 reason after being healthier for myself and my family.
There are so many reasons. Most of it boils down to having self confidence and loving myself.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #216
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post

LOVE THE YARN REASON!!!
For me, it's mainly because I need to try and loose weight because I desperately want another baby. We've been trying for number 2 for 3 years, it took 5 and many losses to get #1. Many people and several drs. have suggested that loosing weight and getting my blood sugar under control should help give my fertility a little boost.
The second reason, is I don't want my kids to have to watch me go through what my dad is right now. He's very very overweight, has dieabeties and just had a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery. I don't want my kids to be worried about me like I have been about him at only 63 years old.
And, yes, I'd like to look good, feel confident and enjoy going clothes shopping because the clothes look good on me.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #217
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

I want to experience a healthy weight pregnancy. I think being overweight costs A LOT of money. I know this is going to sound crazy but..... your sofa wears out faster, your shoes wear our faster, clothing that fits correctly costs more money...

I want to someday be a runner. Not a fast runner, but the type of person who goes for a run everyday. I want to be able to REALLY run after my kids.

I also think I'd be more comfortable in the Summer heat if I was thinner.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #218
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will be traveling with a group for work next week. So lots of stops at fast food places. Any ideas what I should be eating to not blow the diet? We often stop at Ihop, McDonalds, Burgerking, Arby's and the like. Oh, and continental breakfast at the hotel. Ideas?
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #219
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I will be traveling with a group for work next week. So lots of stops at fast food places. Any ideas what I should be eating to not blow the diet? We often stop at Ihop, McDonalds, Burgerking, Arby's and the like. Oh, and continental breakfast at the hotel. Ideas?
Drink water and watch the carbs and the sizes. If at all possible, take fruit and/or salads with you. Continental breakfasts these days often have yogurt and fruit, so have some of that. I have seen several with scrambled eggs, as well, so you should be able to get a decent breakfast.

AFM, I went for a walk this morning and managed to get myself lost. Luckily, we're still on base, so when a guy asked if I needed a ride, he could get me back to TLF okay. Oh, and my phone died before I got back, so I don't know exactly how far I walked. I did check a couple times, and so I know I walked at least 3 miles and burned over 500 calories.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #220
luvinmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mcdonald's salads actually arent that bad I like the southwest chicken salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post