Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
Nyomi&Jericho'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Getting frustrated with starting to cloth diaper

Don't mean to change the subject here, but Im interested in these sprout change diapers...it says on their site that the PUL doesnt touch the babies skin? If the PUL is inside fabric, wouldnt the fabric smell like urine and stay wey between changes? Also, do either of you know where to get the wool covers? I've looked on a few sites and can't seem to find them. Thanks is advance!

Advertisement

Nyomi&Jericho'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

Here is the wool shell for Sprout change:

http://www.willowpads.com/products/wool-shell

I believe they are wipeable and then you air-dry between changes. Maybe someone else can explain better because I've never used them.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #13
amykins04
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvof3boyz View Post
You could post a pic with her in a dipe to have the mamas see what they think. Just because it may not be snug in the leg does not mean it will leak. All my dipes are lose in the leg and I have never had a leak out a leg. Just the top and that was because I was securing them to tightly and was getting compression leaks.
Don't give up mama. You will love cd once you get going. I have a Grovia AIO that I could send to you for you to try and then you could send it back to me.
I was thinking about posting pics. I think I really just need to start using them and see which one works the best. I wish FB Elite were velcro, I think I could get a better fit that way. And thanks for the offer on the Grovia but I live 25mins away from Nicki's Diapers retail store. I have tons I gotta return anyways from trying stuff out so I'll probably make a run Friday and get a Grovia. I was also looking at gdiapers, does anyone know if they fit a skinny baby well? I know they are sized but maybe they would fit better that way? I ordered a Sprout Change, we'll see how it does when it gets here. Thanks for all the advice ladies, I might post pics of her in her dipes tomorrow and see what yall think.
amykins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #14
diapermommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second what a pp said. You need a side snapping diaper. My dd was(still is) a long torso, tiny little thing. We used goodmama fitteds, swaddlebees, and ml gads(green acre designs). I also had a couple of tweedle bums(i think that's what they were called), it's a side snapper also. We used fb overnight, but they were stuffed with so much(hemp insert and micro fiber) that we didn't have a problem with gaps at the legs.

Good luck Mama. I promise it's all worth it, just hang in there.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #15
amykins04
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What makes a side snap different? I'm assuming it would fit better but why?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #16
Nyomi&Jericho'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesllee
Here is the wool shell for Sprout change:

http://www.willowpads.com/products/wool-shell

I believe they are wipeable and then you air-dry between changes. Maybe someone else can explain better because I've never used them.
Thanks!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #17
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our 10 month old is 100th percentile for height and 0th for weight... very long and skinny and we've had some challenges getting diapers to fit.

Fuzzi Bunz and Gdiapers nearly always leak around the legs because we just can't get a good fit. And the freetime dipes had such a big gap that you could see daylight through to the other side when you lift her leg up.

But once you use them you can see if it will work for you or not. Even though the FTs have a big gap, there's so much absorbancy in there that we've never had a leak. She may change her peeing style and the no-leak thing may change for us... but for now they work great.

The sunbabys drive me crazy since we ordered 6 and I think each one needs a different snap setting because each one is sized weird. We've only had them a few days, but I'm watching to make sure they aren't too tight they leave marks.

Bum Genius 4.0 pockets are tried and true, and we always come back to those... Messes are rare for us in those. I do like Alvas too, and I'm really starting to like the Rumparooz. The double leg gusset means that this skinny baby has 2 changes to catch the mess.

If you haven't actually done it it seems daunting and hard to get a good fit. It's hard to know exactly how tight or loose it needs to be. But if you do it a few times you'll get the hang of it. We had a couple that made red marks so we learned to make the leg looser. Fuzzi Bunz leaked half the time so we got rid of those. Whatever problems you encounter you can fix.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #18
amykins04
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Angry Re: Getting frustrated with starting to cloth diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspopo View Post
Our 10 month old is 100th percentile for height and 0th for weight... very long and skinny and we've had some challenges getting diapers to fit.

Fuzzi Bunz and Gdiapers nearly always leak around the legs because we just can't get a good fit. And the freetime dipes had such a big gap that you could see daylight through to the other side when you lift her leg up.

But once you use them you can see if it will work for you or not. Even though the FTs have a big gap, there's so much absorbancy in there that we've never had a leak. She may change her peeing style and the no-leak thing may change for us... but for now they work great.

The sunbabys drive me crazy since we ordered 6 and I think each one needs a different snap setting because each one is sized weird. We've only had them a few days, but I'm watching to make sure they aren't too tight they leave marks.

Bum Genius 4.0 pockets are tried and true, and we always come back to those... Messes are rare for us in those. I do like Alvas too, and I'm really starting to like the Rumparooz. The double leg gusset means that this skinny baby has 2 changes to catch the mess.

If you haven't actually done it it seems daunting and hard to get a good fit. It's hard to know exactly how tight or loose it needs to be. But if you do it a few times you'll get the hang of it. We had a couple that made red marks so we learned to make the leg looser. Fuzzi Bunz leaked half the time so we got rid of those. Whatever problems you encounter you can fix.
Glad to hear it can be done on a skinny/long baby! At her 4 month check up she was 32 for weight and 78 I think for height. Her 6 month check up is today and I know she will be going down for weight and up for height, she has only gained a pound since her last appt but she's gotten much longer. I think I am just going to bite the bullet and wash everything and start trying it all out. We might be moving in a month to a house that has first floor laundry (never thought I'd be so excited about something like that but I can't wait!) and I was going to wait until then but I'm so excited to start CD'ing that I'm just gonna go ahead and do it. I'm honestly hoping the BG's work out, just because they have the cutest colors and there seem to be alot on fsot. Thanks for all the advice ladies I'll let you know how it goes!
amykins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #19
nahrie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyomi&Jericho'sMommy View Post
Also, do either of you know where to get the wool covers? I've looked on a few sites and can't seem to find them. Thanks is advance!
The link to Amazon I put in my original post has them if you select from the drop down menu for colors. Plus it's free shipping
Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #20
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykins04 View Post
What makes a side snap different? I'm assuming it would fit better but why?
Side snaps are my absolute type. They allow you to adjust the waist and legs much more effectively so you can get a better fit in each spot. you could affix the waist at the tightest snaps and legs at the loosest snaps if you like.

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote