Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Why am I afraid of using the dryer?

As long as you aren't having smelly issues I don't see why it matters. I've heard that the heat from the dryer can help kill the bacteria (if it wasn't already dead - which hopefully it was but...). I'm also in this for economical reasons and I am in an apartment. We have our own portable Haier washer but no dryer so I'd have to pay to use the dryer! I figure I'll probably always just line dry the covers automatically - and then dry my other stuff in the dryer at least once a month, maybe twice just to keep it fluffy.

Sew_Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
Registered Users

nothing wrong with line drying for sure but their really is no reason to worry about a dryer eaither. I dry or have dried
cotton hemp bamboo microfiber flannel oranic stuff non organic pockets aios prefolds flats snap diaper velcro diapers PUL TPU all cotton covers fleece nylon vinyl honestly name it Ive dried it and for many many years be one exception would be wool for obvious reasons but everything else HIGH heat even and I'll happily add time if needed.. I've had my seasons of line drying and still will for the occasional stuborn stain or on occasion just cause though I have no line here and as of right now to place to set one up..
Cost wise I haven't noticed a diffrence our bill stayed the same rate before bbay VS after also never saw some big drop (if any) between my last baby and this one.. I'm sure we might see something if I line dried ALL our clothes but I wont do that..
I personally HATE hanging clothes in the summer though toooo HOT having to shower after hanging clothes is not my idea of fun, LOL

I can not spell and have no phone to blame things on.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
My Mood:

I don't line dry ever. I don't like how things end up stiff and I frankly don't usually have time for it since I have 5 kids. I just toss them in the dryer on medium and go!
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
Thank you ladies!

PS: And YES, I will admit I have an addiction to cloth diapers!!!
SorSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have always used the dryer... just now making the switch to line dry over the last couple months
Motherhood is not a hobby, its a calling, you do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps, Its not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, its what god gave you time for. ~E. Anderson
TwinMommaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:23 AM   #16
el's mama
Registered Users

Mama, you're busy!! Throw 'em in the dryer and forget it. I used to hang EVERYthing too. Every prefold, every wipe, everything. Then when it was almost dry I'd throw it in the dryer. Problem was, things dry at different speeds and in order to put things in the dryer before they got too dry I'd have to be there "babysitting" the laundry. I got so sick of it being so complicated and time consuming. I started using pockets that line dried quickly and drying the inserts in the dryer. The inserts weren't getting damaged by the dryer and they were so soft! I finally caved and started putting everything except pockets/covers in the dryer on low or medium. Everything has held up perfectly! I still love line drying when the weather is warm and I can hang them outside, but I won't be going back to the drying rack drama.
In with my DH, crunchy, attached Mama to 4. Homeschooling, long term breastfeeding, CD'ing, babywearing, homebirthing. Could I BE anymore addicted to cloth?!
el's mama is offline   Reply With Quote