View Poll Results: Whacha doin with your placenta?
Bury it in the yard somewhere 6 7.14%
Encapsulate it 26 30.95%
Smoothie it 3 3.57%
Try hard not to look at it too close, or imagine what the Dr. might do with it after! 37 44.05%
Other? 12 14.29%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #31
Whipple
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whacha doin with your placenta?

So I tried a [iece in a smoothie and there ended up being a chunk. I think I might just swallow small pieces whole next time I feel I need it. After the initial smoothie chunk, my gut can handle it (I swallowed the smoothie chunk whole btw)

Advertisement

Whipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #32
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

wow the tincture if very interesting
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #33
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I picked other. I think it's fascinating to look at it. We took several pictures of DS's placenta. I let the hospital do as they wish with it though. I won't be taking it home.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:51 AM   #34
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

I would like to have mine encapsulated.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #35
DiaperPalz
Registered Users
Formerly: cjspears26
seller
seller

For the mama who wanted to know about the blood, we didn't cut the cord until it had stopped pulsating so imo there wasn't a whole lot of blood left in it, still bloody? yes, but I would say no more than a pot roast or something similar.

I got past the whole ick factor due to um, I don't know I did NOT plan to smoothie it, my plan was to encapsulate it but after I got it int the blender (I chopped it up into small pieces first so no chunks!) I didn't want to stand there and prep my placenta anymore so I said the hell with it and just smoothied it.
BTW it was 3lbs and I drank a huge glass of it and then kept some for the next day.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:11 AM   #36
ecocentric
Registered Users
seller

I wanted to add another tincture/essence link because it is such a great option! Easy to do yourself with minimal cost. It will last a lifetime. Plus I figured if I ever felt it would help my ds heal from something it would be easiest to get him to ingest it in that form. http://www.unhinderedliving.com/placentaessence.html

I chose to cut it up and make the tincture- burying after the steep, and to juice some.
I'm veggie but we put a piece through the champion juicer with some tomatoes, carrots, celery and cucumbers and I devoured it, sucked it down in nearly one go. I was nervous thinking about it beforehand, but in the moment I took it in eagerly and felt replenished.
ecocentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #37
jacandy
Registered Users
seller

I want to encapsulate it but I haven't found anyone local to do it. I just learned today about a doula who got white art paper and pressed it on top of the placenta with the umbilical cord pointing down and it looks just like a tree! She gave it to the mom when the paper dried and the mom had it framed and hung on the wall. It's a pretty awesome looking tree of life!

http://www.iheartfrugality.com
jacandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #38
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Anyone know if the tincture benefits are the same? Can it be used the same way as the capsules? I'm mainly considering it for milk supply issues that I've had in the past. It seems that as soon as my cycle returns between 4-5 months pp my supply takes a major dive, and I'm hoping that if I save up the pills/tincture for that time, that I can have a more successfull nursing relationship this time around. I always make it to at least a year, but its a rough process trying to keep the milk flowing.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #39
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I have two placentas in my freezer. Oy.

I ate a tiny bit of each, but the rest just hang out in there with the ice cream and the beef.

My oldest is five. His placenta has lived so many different places....

We better buy a house so I can plant them before the next one comes or else I have to buy a deep freeze!
L J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #40
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J
I have two placentas in my freezer. Oy.

I ate a tiny bit of each, but the rest just hang out in there with the ice cream and the beef.

My oldest is five. His placenta has lived so many different places....

We better buy a house so I can plant them before the next one comes or else I have to buy a deep freeze!
Haha oh gosh, me too! I didn't eat any of either, but plan to plant them under trees. Just need to figure out where on my grandparents property and buy some trees. Luckily we do have a deep freeze, but when we are low on food in there, it's funny to look and see the hazardous waste bags at the bottom, hehe.