Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
I received a good deal on a BGE on Spots and it showed up today. The whole thing is dingy and kind of orangish. I am assuming the previous owner had a lot of iron in their water. Any ideas on how to fix it? I know at least one of you smart ladies can help me! TIA!

Last edited by mookie; 02-29-2012 at 10:36 PM.
mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
We have rusty water too. I use something called the Works from the dollar store for cleaning our sinks and it doesn't smell strong or yucky, smells like apple actually. If you can find it I would soak it with a tiny squirt of it and water.
Erin- wifey to Jarred, proud mama to Colton, Meadow, Cove and Cam
TrammellyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Removing rust from diaper?

I use the works on sinks and thing, but if the dipe has pul, I'd be terrified. Try to saturate the diaper with lemon juice in the sink, then slather it with salt. Let it soak long enough for the 2 to cause the reastion. Hopefull this will help. Ther is some great info out there for this very situation by googeling. This tip is something i read last week and it has high recomendations. I havn't tried it myself yet.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote