Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Your favorite way to strip diapers and how often do you do it?

Originally Posted by Proudshammy3 View Post
What is this dawn everyone is using? A type of laundry detergent? (Sorry if that is an obvious question, I have never bought Dawn before!)
Dawn dish soap! The blue stuff. (original...not the fancy Dawn) because it is a great degreaser and cleans so well. I'm sure you've heard of it. It cleans build up and anything that might leave a residue like detergents and/or diaper rash creams.

Valerie ~ Single Student Mama to four big kids and one brand new baby girl Lennon (04/17/12) and who recently relapsed into cloth diaper addiction after 8 years clean!
momgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Your favorite way to strip diapers and how often do you do it?

It sounds way more complicated then it is! Stomp as much or as little as you like.
I only do this to new to me diapers.

This is
my prefured method:---------------------
Place clean dipes in the tub.
Run Hot water while giving a good squirt of dawn. If you have a hand held shower head it works better to get the dawn mixed up well. Put it on massage if you have that.
Fill to top of dipes so every dipes is wet and covered.
Use a spatula, shampoo bottle, whatever you have to sloshem them around. Be sure to watch your hands don't get scalded.
Let soak a hour or so and slosh again.
When cool enough to put feet in, stomp wash them.
Repeate every so often.
If you feel they are loosing water or getting to cool throughout the day, you can just add more hot water.
Then comes the rinsing.
Unplug the stopper and slowly push the dipes to the side as the water drains. When there isn't much water left in the tub, start standing on them to help sqeeze the excess water out.
Either rinse under the tub fawset or spray them and stomp them at the same time with cool water. If you get tired, get them good and wet and go take a break while they drain. Then when you see there are not very many suds left, start wringing them out one by one and put them in your laundry basket.
You may have to hake a cpl trips if you are doing a whole bunch.
Wash each load till there are no more suds with nothing added to the wash unless the dipes had ammonia issues too. If there were ammonia issues as well, do at least 2 washes with 1/4 bleach in each wash. Be sure you are still using Hot water.
Then give them a good dry in the washer.
They should now be SQUEEKY CLEAN!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote