Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #1
zoev81
Registered Users
seller

Wool Questions

I just ordered my very first wool soaker. It was a present from family as they knew I couldn't afford it on my own at the moment and really need something for overnights. I ordered a Disana soaker from Abby's Lane. I am super excited, but have a few questions. Any help would be appreciated :-)

1) can I use Thirsties Hemp Pre-Folds underneath or should I purchase some fitteds (assuming I can find some cheap...feel free to spam me). If I can, what fold do you suggest? I have 4 of them still in package that I have no idea how to use, lol! I should mention my son is a very heavy wetter and about 17-18 pounds now.

2) how do I prep it when it arrives? Any suggestions on where to get wool wash/lanolin for cheap?

Advertisement

zoev81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Wool Questions

eBay has/had good prices On lanolin. I use lanolin with my baby soap to wash and lanolize my wool. I use pinned Or snappied prefolds and flats under my wool. I've only ever owned 2 fitteds and use all wool for covers.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You have a boy or a girl? I will send you a goodmama fitted. Just pm me your address. Love to help fellow mamas.
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
eBay has/had good prices On lanolin. I use lanolin with my baby soap to wash and lanolize my wool. I use pinned Or snappied prefolds and flats under my wool. I've only ever owned 2 fitteds and use all wool for covers.
I've only done it once, but that is what I did too. There is a good tutorial floating around somewhere...maybe I book marked it...nope, I didn't. I will try to find it. Anyways, since I already had baby wash laying around and lanolin for my tata's I
L
Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvof3boyz
You have a boy or a girl? I will send you a goodmama fitted. Just pm me your address. Love to help fellow mamas.
Awesome mama!!!

(ps- I'm due in July! Lol...). I'm just joking around! That is really nice of you!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
MomBecks
Registered Users

I love Thirsties hemp prefolds but they're better for trifolding than fastening on. A fantastic night option is a Mother-ease one-size fitted with a Thirsties hemp prefolds trifolded in it as a doubler under a Disana soaker. Totally bulletproof! And to prep the Disana I like to slightly felt it first. Soak in lukewarm water for a few minutes, roll in a towel and squeeze out excess water. Then put it in the dryer for about 10 minutes on high with a dry towel. This pulls the fibers together making a tighter weave. I like to lanolize twice before using overnight as well. Then you're good to go! You'll only need to wash and lanolize once a month after that. PM me if you have any questions!