Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #31
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Night Solutions for 7 Year Old??

OP:

First off I LOVE the Ladder Hill Design cloth pull-ups that is all we use around here for my 3 and 5 year olds overnight. The wahm, Hope, is super.

But I also wanted to say. My nephew was a super, super hard sleeper. He would not (could not) wake up at night. So my sister got him the "pee alarm". Seriously it is like magic.

My sister is a pediatrician and she said that not until kids are 6 do they recommend using it (before that the bladder just really isn't mature enough to expect success).

My nephew was overnight trained with in a week or two. Basically they have a clip that they put in their underwear - the other end it attached to a little unit that is clipped to their shirt. Any moisture (like a tiny drip) sets off the alarm and wakes them. Then you get up with them, get the the bathroom with them - they are confused at first because are such deep sleepers it is a new concept.

My sister said that MOST kids will mature on their on and their bladders will make it overnight. But desperate times call for more extreme measures. My other nephew that was 4 was already sleeping dry through the night while the 6 year old couldn't. So it is definitely an individual thing.

The pee alarm lives at my house now. My son who is 5 is waiting to use it (it is camo so he thinks it looks so cool).

HTH

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 07:25 AM   #32
Sophieticles
Registered Users

It is undeniable that a significant number of children throughout the world experience a common concern of bedwetting and parents are vigorously trying to find out the best bedwetting solutions to save their children from inconvenience and embarrassment.
Sophieticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:13 AM   #33
cutestbabyboy
Registered Users
seller

Keep your eye out for Motherease Bedwetter Pants, I got mine on ebay, two pairs of the biggest size they carry for $20. It was a total steal. They were brand new, only tried on once, but their child didn't like the way they looked or fit so they were never worn again. We use them with a custom made wool cover and we don't have any wet sheets in the morning. We have an eight, five and three year old that still wet somewhat regularly at night, and when they do, it's a lot of liquid. These have made our life SO much easier. I can live without getting up every night to change bed sheets and jammies!
cutestbabyboy is offline   Reply With Quote