Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #91
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 2/22-2/29

I forgot to update that our u/s looked great on Monday. My cervix is great - sitting perfectly at 3.8cms. I am beginning to feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief... he said he will stop the checks at 32 weeks because by then, if I go into labor or my cervix shortens, it isn't such a huge risk AND it is more than likely because of pre-term labor, not my cervix. And that means.... I only technically have to get like 5-6 more u/s to measure my cervix and for some reason, that makes the time left we have before this baby comes seem even shorter.

We are buying a house and supposed to close on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed all goes well.. I swear we have been told multiple times that we would close and the banks are always causing issues lol. We just want to have the keys in our hands and start painting, buying carpet, and buying new furniture so we can get settled in way before this baby comes out!

Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #92
keegen456
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just ordered the cutest car seat/ stroller combo from Walmart.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Spre...cilla/15579366
I can't wait to pick it up this weekend!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #93
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegen456
So cute!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #94
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegen456 View Post
Very cute! I went into REI on a whim to check out their winter clearance sale and couldn't resist the warm winter hats they have on sale. Got a very cute pink one for 60% off retail and a purple striped one that came with mittens for 75% off retail. Yay! Got the 6-12 month size since it usually gets colder here later in the winter and I figure even if it's a little big, it can still be used sooner. Also finally was able to buy our smart fit prefolds now that Nicki's has them in stock again. Also went ahead and bought the flats for using in Hawaii when we visit there. I'll just have to learn how to wash with hard water in the FL my parents have. I love that we will be able to line dry them though and sun them out if any get particularly gross.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #95
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany89 View Post
I forgot to update that our u/s looked great on Monday. My cervix is great - sitting perfectly at 3.8cms. I am beginning to feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief... he said he will stop the checks at 32 weeks because by then, if I go into labor or my cervix shortens, it isn't such a huge risk AND it is more than likely because of pre-term labor, not my cervix. And that means.... I only technically have to get like 5-6 more u/s to measure my cervix and for some reason, that makes the time left we have before this baby comes seem even shorter.

We are buying a house and supposed to close on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed all goes well.. I swear we have been told multiple times that we would close and the banks are always causing issues lol. We just want to have the keys in our hands and start painting, buying carpet, and buying new furniture so we can get settled in way before this baby comes out!
THIS is great news!! FX for your house, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyducky77 View Post
Very cute! I went into REI on a whim to check out their winter clearance sale and couldn't resist the warm winter hats they have on sale. Got a very cute pink one for 60% off retail and a purple striped one that came with mittens for 75% off retail. Yay! Got the 6-12 month size since it usually gets colder here later in the winter and I figure even if it's a little big, it can still be used sooner. Also finally was able to buy our smart fit prefolds now that Nicki's has them in stock again. Also went ahead and bought the flats for using in Hawaii when we visit there. I'll just have to learn how to wash with hard water in the FL my parents have. I love that we will be able to line dry them though and sun them out if any get particularly gross.
Omgosh I love REI. I love it soooooo much.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #96
philenabean
Registered Users

Quote:
Had to look up REI... We don't have those here! I wanted to say, since I have hard water, a FL, and used flats: use their sanitary cycle! You can just use regular free and clear detergent, put it in sanitary cycle with a prewash and extra rinse. I add washing soda and oxiclean to mine; but with an EBF baby and regular cotton flats, I just don't think that will be necessary. They will get clean! But, I wouldn't put the covers in, just the flats. I'd just wash your covers with the baby's regular laundry. FWIW, I do/have washed things that have PUL and elastic on sanitary, but it's certainly not recommended. I really hope this helps! I found out how wonderful the sanitary cycle is with cotton and bamboo after fighting odors for awhile and I am so glad that I took the plunge.
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #97
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by philenabean View Post
Had to look up REI... We don't have those here! I wanted to say, since I have hard water, a FL, and used flats: use their sanitary cycle! You can just use regular free and clear detergent, put it in sanitary cycle with a prewash and extra rinse. I add washing soda and oxiclean to mine; but with an EBF baby and regular cotton flats, I just don't think that will be necessary. They will get clean! But, I wouldn't put the covers in, just the flats. I'd just wash your covers with the baby's regular laundry. FWIW, I do/have washed things that have PUL and elastic on sanitary, but it's certainly not recommended. I really hope this helps! I found out how wonderful the sanitary cycle is with cotton and bamboo after fighting odors for awhile and I am so glad that I took the plunge.
We have nasty hard water here, too. I love the sanitary cycle for my prefolds and other inserts!! I don't use it every time, probably every 4-5 washes. I through my fitteds in there, too - even though I'm sure it's not great for the elastic. I use Arm & Hammer w/Oxyclean powder. My dd has insanely sensitive skin, but this has not bothered her at all and if I start to notice any stink building up (which is rare, but happens with the overnight ones sometimes), I throw in about 1/4 cup of bleach. It's funny as I read this how much my routine has changed since I started with ebf poo.....I tried to keep everything so natural but it just didn't work out for me after we started solids.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #98
philenabean
Registered Users

Quote:
It's funny as I read this how much my routine has changed since I started with ebf poo.....I tried to keep everything so natural but it just didn't work out for me after we started solids.
No kidding! I thought I was doing something wrong, because I couldn't get the natural routine to work. I mean, really, if it's not getting your diapers clean, then do something else! I felt bad, though.

Quote:

Just saw this! Glad your cervix looked good, and good luck with closing!!!

Last edited by philenabean; 03-01-2012 at 12:25 PM.
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote