Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #21
Sew_Sweet
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sposie Gifts

Awww poor thing - this worries me too. I am on my second baby so no shower for me either (even though it has been 8 years since the first - so we were starting from scratch again!).

I think people assume they are being super practical and helpful by bringing diapers! Their hearts are in the right place - but then if you can't return them it's like - just a sad waste. I have cloth diapers on my registry if anyone would even look at it - and I assure you nobody has. I don't know why people don't look at registries at all. I think donating is about the nicest thing you could do. Wow - 400 diapers! Geez Probably cost them a lot too is the bad part. This is soooo in my future....

Advertisement

Last edited by Sew_Sweet; 03-01-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Sew_Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #22
Bmomma2C
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have used Pampers since DS was born (he's 10.5 months). We never intended to use cloth and had 4 showers, resulting in 1916 diapers. Yes, almost 2000 Pampers. That's how many we used in the FIRST 9 MONTHS, even after we started CD part-time (DCP won't accept CD). 400 diapers will go a long way at a women's shelter or crisis pregnancy center and be very much appreciated. I run a drive at my church for diapering and bathing items for the local pregnancy center... moms have to take parenting and life skills classes to earn vouchers they can use to buy donated diapers and such. Good for you for blessing others.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #23
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

When people gift us disposable diapers that don't know our situation that doesn't bother me and I just usually donate them. However when people who do know our situation keep giving us diapers and they know we don't EVER use disposables, that kind of irratates me. I've even talked with some of these people about it, and it's like they just can't understand that I would prefer cloth, like I just must be doing it to save money, and if I had a choice I would surely convert to disposable. When I say something about not needing disposables and that we use cloth, I get shocked looks followed by comments like "yeah, but you'll probably use disposables sometimes right?" And when I say no, they give us some anyway. Cloth diapering is not the norm around here, but I don't understand why just because it is not the choice they would make, they can't fathom that someone would choose differently from them.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #24
Bmomma2C
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Cloth diapering is not the norm around here, but I don't understand why just because it is not the choice they would make, they can't fathom that someone would choose differently from them.
In my (limited) experience, the CD skeptics either don't have kids or come from a generation that had no choice but to use cloth (some if only for financial reasons, after disposables were introduced) and can't understand why, given the choice, you would not chose the "convenience" of disposables. This is the thinking of my mom, grandmother, and MIL.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #25
Sew_Sweet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
When I say something about not needing disposables and that we use cloth, I get shocked looks followed by comments like "yeah, but you'll probably use disposables sometimes right?" And when I say no, they give us some anyway. Cloth diapering is not the norm around here, but I don't understand why just because it is not the choice they would make, they can't fathom that someone would choose differently from them.
I've gotten this comment as well. The only time I imagine I'll be using disposables is if we have a bad rash that I for some reason would have to use Desitin or something on, a bad yeast problem or possibly traveling. So no need for me to stock up on any size - I'd just buy them if I need them and hopefully that would be a very rare case. Regardless these same people keep bringing me diaper coupons - JUST IN CASE! lol. Whatever! Yeah there is a difference between someone just buying a gift of diapers because they didn't know and someone who buys them and DOES know. Like really - why? Nobody brings me formula coupons "JUST IN CASE" breastfeeding doesn't work out. Though come to think of it - that's surprising as well.

Though I originally started this as a way to be economical - it's turned into a sort of fun hobby as well. I'm sure my mom thinks I am crazy. She couldn't wait to use disposables with me when I was a baby - they were the coolest most modern and convenient things at the time!

Last edited by Sew_Sweet; 03-01-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Sew_Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #26
daisy7843
Registered Users
seller

Oh yes, I have lots of sponsors and I also have formula. Most are samples people have received and passed on to me but really? I BF my other two, my middle daughter has major health problems and BF her until she turned three. But yet they still give me these things
daisy7843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #27
woopigsooie
Registered Users
seller

I just returned $50 worth of sposies today to Walmart. I'm 99% all of them came from there because it is just about the only place to shop in my town. I used the giftcard to buy things we needed.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #28
Sew_Sweet
Registered Users
seller

Well I am glad to know you can just take them in for a gift card. I'd be in shock if I don't receive sposies from someone.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #29
Gumbelina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a newbie due in 3 weeks and I'm honestly shocked that I haven't gotten any sposies as gifts yet! Friends and family all know we're cloth diapering but I was still expecting a case or two. I'm sure we'll get some after baby arrives, luckily we have the space to put them aside until after she grows out of that size and then donate them, because who could possibly fault us for that?!
Gumbelina is offline   Reply With Quote