Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
trimmest sized cover?

Dd needs sized covers because OS rise snaps are leaving marks on her chunky thighs, got bummis mediums and using padfolded flats and seem a bit bulky? What is the trimmest sized cover available?

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Which Bummis do you have? I find the Super Lite to be much trimmer than the others.

Sent from my LG Ally using DS Forum
Old 02-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
blondchen
Registered Users
seller

Re: trimmest sized cover?

Also wondering which Bummis covers you have.

If you have Bummis Super Whispers, then you can go WAY trimmer than that with an exposed laminate cover only one layer of PUL (Bummis Super Brite or Thirsties sized) and gussets. I find the SWW to be way too bulky, though lots of people love it.

If you have the Super Brite - that's pretty darned trim for a cover and I doubt you could do much better. I have some of both SB's and Thirsties. They're VERY similar, but if the fit is off with the Bummis, I find that the Thirsties sized covers feel maybe a tiny bit lighter weight (different brand of PUL?), and they are cut more generously in the hips and lower on the thigh than the Super Brite, so for a chunky baby they might do better. I have skinny babies, and while both of those covers are very trim over a prefold, the Super Brite fits DD better around the legs.

Sorry I can't comment on any others (including the Super Lites mentioned by pp). I've been so happy with mine I didn't bother trying anything else. Though I'm drooling over the new Swaddlebees Capri (but won't be buying any - $20 is out of my price range for a cover!).

HTH!
blondchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you might try the green earth covers for a very similar fit but trimmer - tiny tush - imse vimse softs, pretty much any exposed pul will be trimmer since it doesnt have the extra layers of poly
Old 03-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 1 super whisper wraps and 2 super snaps (just tried these yesterday) and 1 super brite, just got one thirsties in the mail. I think that I like the super snap and super snap much better in fit, I trifold and I am used to a less bulky fit, I am worried mostly about shifting of the tri fold, I didn't have that problem with my OS covers because they were all flips and bumkins and my backup were econobums, the bumkins and flips all have the front and back stay put flaps so no worry about shifting
Old 03-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
MomBecks
Registered Users

Zookies makes a good sized cover. And Imse Vimse covers are great as well!