Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #71
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: February 26- March 3 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylovinmama View Post
Ok I NEVER get involved in heated discussions here. I just don't want to get caught in them middle, and honestly, none of the topics ever make me feel like I real care enough to share my opinion. BUT, there is a thread today in OTD about a mama who's dog bit her 3yo that has me so fired up I could scream. I totally had to comment in it, once or twice Just because YOU would keep a dog that bit your kid doesn't make this lady a bad person for not doing that. Grrr!!
Yeah, the dog would totally be gone.

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #72
mommyamb
Registered Users
seller

So I'm starting to feel better...but still very tired, and having lots of trouble catching my breath. I feel like I'm yawning all the time, almost feel a bit panicky because I can't get a full deep breath. I have asthma, and so it's not quite the same feeling as an asthma attack. But I have been using my inhaler more often than usual.
My husband went out of town this morning, until Saturday. My mom is coming over for awhile tom.afternoon. Trying to decide whether I need to be seen or not. I don't really have a primary dr. right now. I find it a real PITA to find a new dr. who takes Medicaid and treats adults and I trust. So if I need to be seen, I'll probably go to an urgent care.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #73
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Annie - wouldn't hurt to go to urgent care and make sure it's nothing serious. Though this is coming from a Canadian mama who has no experience with medical costs.

Everyone - Thought you should know that Savannah posted her birth story with more pictures of Avery in the Birth Stories forum.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #74
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylovinmama View Post
Ok I NEVER get involved in heated discussions here. I just don't want to get caught in them middle, and honestly, none of the topics ever make me feel like I real care enough to share my opinion. BUT, there is a thread today in OTD about a mama who's dog bit her 3yo that has me so fired up I could scream. I totally had to comment in it, once or twice Just because YOU would keep a dog that bit your kid doesn't make this lady a bad person for not doing that. Grrr!!
I saw that thread too. I'm normally on the, 'pets are not disposable' bandwagon but that is literally the ONE situation in which I think it's a very personal decision and there is no wrong answer. I would probably have to rehome a dog that bit my child as well, even with training and therapy I would still always worry. Mama bear instincts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyamb View Post
So I'm starting to feel better...but still very tired, and having lots of trouble catching my breath. I feel like I'm yawning all the time, almost feel a bit panicky because I can't get a full deep breath. I have asthma, and so it's not quite the same feeling as an asthma attack. But I have been using my inhaler more often than usual.
My husband went out of town this morning, until Saturday. My mom is coming over for awhile tom.afternoon. Trying to decide whether I need to be seen or not. I don't really have a primary dr. right now. I find it a real PITA to find a new dr. who takes Medicaid and treats adults and I trust. So if I need to be seen, I'll probably go to an urgent care.
I would just go to urgent care. Back in Michigan I preferred to go to urgent care for basically anything except regular well visits because I absolutely hated my doctor. If it wasn't a pressing issue, I would just call the clinic and ask them if now was a good time or if they had a certain time that was normally slower. I hope you feel better!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #75
shelookslikeamom
Registered Users
seller

I'm late to the party here, so I was catching up on all the updates. All I have to say is: Stay healthy, everyone!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #76
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyamb
An urgent care is def better than an er on the pocketbook so if you're still concerned go ahead and get checked out.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #77
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas View Post
An urgent care is def better than an er on the pocketbook so if you're still concerned go ahead and get checked out.
agreed

dh's uncle(ive never met him he lives in W. Virginia) made the baby an heirloom cradle its really pretty. ill have to see if i can get the pics to upload.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #78
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyamb View Post
I get that too, esp when pregnant. I usually get it when I am trying to sleep. I sit up and just massage my chest bone with my fist and try to calm down. I tell myself even if I can't catch a full breath, I AM breathing. I yawn, massage and try to calm down. I hate it but it always goes away eventually.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #79
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #80
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post

What an amazing gift! That is absolutely beautiful!!!
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote