Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Registered Users
Need a recommendation for bamboo/cotton AI2 soaker pads

I love the idea of an AI2 system so I bought a couple Omni shells. The cost of the pods was a little prohibitive to me so I tried some homemade soaker pads from sherpa/zorb, only to find that they leak-- I think they were made a little too narrowly. So now I am back to the drawing board again. I would prefer something natural vs. microfiber as long as it is affordable and not too high-maintenance-- does such a thing even exist? I'd also like for it to hold up in size/absorbency as DD grows older (currently 3 months)

I've considered:
- Flips (not organic, but cheap)
- adding my own microfleece layer to the collection of BG inserts recently given to me so that I can use these against the skin (again, not organic, but cheap since I already have these inserts)
-thirsties inserts (but these are not one-size, and are they absorbent enough or best just as doublers?)
- a sweet pea in the pod soaker pads (not cheap, but they sound promising)

I keep seeing "bamboo inserts" all over the internet for cheap prices, but I am confused-- are these designed just to be doublers unless marketed otherwise? If they can go in a pocket, can't they be laid directly into the cover for an AI2 solution (unless they are microfiber and irritate the skin)? I am new at this CD thing but would really like to find an easy AI2 solution so that I don't have to buy a billion covers.

I also don't have a drying machine, so these will be hung to dry-- my other question is whether you have noticed that cotton/bamboo gets crunchy or hard when not thrown in the dryer?

Thanks for the advice!

life_alabaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
Lagoon Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: Nat1111
I have the sweet pea with snaps that came with the hemp soaker and micro fleece snap on which makes it an ai3. I really like it cause it never leaks but it is quite bulky. I've ordered the bamboo soaker set as well but haven't tried it yet. I'm new too so I'm interested what other people have to say on this thread as well good luck!
__________________ Huge selection of cloth diapers in Canada!
Lagoon Baby is offline   Reply With Quote