Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: feeling guilty for my epi.....

I don't know how people have pit (or syntocin) and not get an epi! that's the only time I got an epidural, those pit contrax kicked my butt!

Jul, This used to be a great place
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
Registered Users

Yup. On top of epi guilt, I have induction guilt and csection guilt. I made a lot of bad choices influenced by coercion from my OB. I have so much guilt about my first birth.. hoping to really have a much bettter experience this time without all the ignorance and bad choices.
Mommy to M (9/09) & G (4/12) & expecting Feb 2014
crunch!910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
Registered Users

Own your story, no matter what it is. It's yours. It is how you birthed your child, and that, no matter HOW it happens, is something to be proud of.
[CENTER]Jamie wife of 8 years to R, Homeschooling mom to 7 year old Jorden and 3 yearold Abigail My unmedicated hosptal VBAC amazing little girl.
Lost my bean on 4/16/2012
jamiejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #14
Self Ban
My Mood:

I just wanted to say what everyone else already has

You shouldn't feel ANY guilt mama. You did what you needed to do to get baby here safely. That is all that matters. Besides there will be loads of things to feel guilty about later - lol.

AND every birth is different! I'm about to have baby #5. Seriously EVERY one of my births have been different. Just because your cousin or sister or neighbour didn't need an epi doesn't mean that you shouldn't have had one!!! In my case just because I needed one with DS2 didn't mean I needed one with DS3. Personally I would WAY rather have an epi and be calm and somewhat relaxed then be a screaming mess. It is better for mama (if she needs it) and it is better for baby when mama isn't in distress.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #15
Registered Users
Every birth is an amazing feat. Period. Don't feel bad about having an epi. You and the baby are both healthy, and that's all that really matters.
Aubrey, married to Gavin 9/14/2008
Mama to Annabelle 11/2011 and expecting Harrison 11/2014

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner!
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #16
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
My Mood:
I feel like this and it's been almost 3 years.

I only offer
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -- Ambrose Redmoon
EuphoricDysphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #17

i too feel guilty. i was induced because my water broke and labor didn't start.. i was 5 cm when i went to the hospital. after 6 hours of excruciating back labor and contractions with no break (it was like on long horrible contraction,) AND not dilating during that time, I got the epi. i feel guilty too.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #18
Registered Users

If the epi worked for you, that is great! Don't feel guilty! I feel guilty that I paid all that money for mine and it only worked for 2 hours
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:

I had one with my DS1. I knew all of the risks of epidurals beforehand, and wanted to do it without. However, I was not prepared for the pain, and I caved. I did feel bad about it for awhile, but then I realized that there's not much point in worrying about the past, or things that you cannot change. You just have to accept it, and hope to do things differently next time around. What is done is done.

With my DS2, I did even more reading about how to cope with the pain on my own, and was able to deliver without any medication.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #20
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08

Ditto what all these ladies have said!!!

I've had 3 inductions, none were needed. I was overdue with all 3 of my babies. I should've just waited it out (1+ weeks overdue), that is what I feel a litte bit guilty about. I did end up having an epi with all 3 too. The first one I honestly couldn't have made it without, I had horrific back labor. My 2nd and 3rd though, I could've went without, but I didn't, in fear of how much more painful it would get as I neared the end, I was around 7cm and fear consumed me. To be honest though, the pain wasn't *that* bad with pit for my last 2. Fear of transition and the unknown is what made me decide to have an epi...

If I do have a 4th, I really want to go without.
Mama of 3 little munchkins!

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote