Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #11
mamaroach
Registered Users

Re: Has Anyone Tried the Ones & Twos Diaper?

THanks, ladies, for all of your input. You guys are awesome! I'll have to keep this diaper in mind and try one after the LO arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
I am due at the end of the month with our second.
Congrats, Mama! My second is due next week and my husband thinks I've gone completely mad with buying all these diapers. But they ALL look so interesting that I want to try them ALL!

Advertisement

mamaroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
ClothNoob
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama20 View Post
I got one yesterday and put it on my 6wk old who is about 8.5lbs now. It fits great. Love how trim it is for a OS. However, we tried it without the booster (because with it would be pretty bulky) and it wicked at the legs and through to her clothes in less than an hour. However, I will say we tried it as soon as I got it and hadn't washed it yet lol so I'm REALLY hoping that it just needed to be prepped. My girl is a heavy wetter for her age, but if it can't handle her pee now at 6wks old, it certainly won't be good for us down the road.
Did your Ones & Twos get better at the wicking/leaking? I have two of them and they are leaking through the PUL. I've only used them about once each (ad both times without the booster) so I wonder if it wasn't prepped properly. Oh, and my DS is two months old (about 12 lbs), and wears it on the second snap setting. HTH the OP! :-)

If you have time, check out my blog: www.lovelifelogistics.wordpress.com
ClothNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #13
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have one, and with the booster my 11 mo old twins can nap in it with out leaks. They are around 20 lbs.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #14
TutuEllagant
Registered Users
Formerly: Mama20
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothNoob View Post
Did your Ones & Twos get better at the wicking/leaking? I have two of them and they are leaking through the PUL. I've only used them about once each (ad both times without the booster) so I wonder if it wasn't prepped properly. Oh, and my DS is two months old (about 12 lbs), and wears it on the second snap setting. HTH the OP! :-)
No, it didn't get any better. I tried it 2 or 3 times. I was really hoping either the ones and twos or the thirsties duo aio would work for us because they have cute colors, fit REALLY trim compared to all other os aios, and dry pretty fast. However, they just didn't hold her pee like I thought they should. I know she is a heavy wetter, but even still, she's only 2 months old! I sent a message to ones&twos on their facebook page about the absorbency and they told me that some babies are just heavy wetters and need the booster. I agree, but the booster added so much bulk that it was a ridiculously huge fit. Also, my concern was that, even if it worked well with the booster added, she is just 2 months old now, so what will I have to do in a month or two or three when she is peeing even more? Yeah I could add a hemp or bamboo doubler. as recommended by the company (if she could fit the bulk between her legs), but then you have to figure in that added cost- $17 for the aio plus the cost of a hemp or bamboo doubler for each $17 diaper and all of a sudden it's not a very inexpensive (or trim) option anymore.

I have to say I've tried MANY aios (sized and os) in the past two months and we are SO happy to have found BGEs. For the first time since my first child was born 10 years ago I have found my stash nirvana

sorry, that was long...I ramble when I'm tired
TutuEllagant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #15
ClothNoob
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama20

No, it didn't get any better. I tried it 2 or 3 times. I was really hoping either the ones and twos or the thirsties duo aio would work for us because they have cute colors, fit REALLY trim compared to all other os aios, and dry pretty fast. However, they just didn't hold her pee like I thought they should. I know she is a heavy wetter, but even still, she's only 2 months old! I sent a message to ones&twos on their facebook page about the absorbency and they told me that some babies are just heavy wetters and need the booster. I agree, but the booster added so much bulk that it was a ridiculously huge fit. Also, my concern was that, even if it worked well with the booster added, she is just 2 months old now, so what will I have to do in a month or two or three when she is peeing even more? Yeah I could add a hemp or bamboo doubler. as recommended by the company (if she could fit the bulk between her legs), but then you have to figure in that added cost- $17 for the aio plus the cost of a hemp or bamboo doubler for each $17 diaper and all of a sudden it's not a very inexpensive (or trim) option anymore.

I have to say I've tried MANY aios (sized and os) in the past two months and we are SO happy to have found BGEs. For the first time since my first child was born 10 years ago I have found my stash nirvana

sorry, that was long...I ramble when I'm tired
Thanks!

I'm gonna give it a week to see if i should order more or sell them on FSOT. I really like the colors and the aplix seems real strong. My DS is sometimes a heavy wetter and sometimes not so much. But you're right - if it can't hold his pee at two months old, how much more later on down the line. Was yours leaking through the PUL or on the sides? I've never had a diaper that leaked through the PUL (it was always on the sides or at the top), so I wonder if mine was just defective. Though, I did see a poster on their FB page asking a Q about why her 1s&2s were leaking through the PUL.

BTW, thanks for the BGEs, they are in aweeeesome condition! If I didn't have to have to use a sitter (but alas almost all of us do) I'd have all BGEs.

If you have time, check out my blog: www.lovelifelogistics.wordpress.com
ClothNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #16
youarelovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got a great fit on my newborn, but didn't use the booster. There was wicking around her legs both times I tried it. I'll have to try it with the booster next time.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #17
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have been using the new Ones and Twos for a few weeks now and I have mixed feelings about them and many AIOs in fact.

First off, the fit on my son is awesome. I like the narrow crotch as compared to some other diapers out there. I wouldn't even attempt to use the diaper without the extra insert. It's not super trim that way, but it's our daycare diaper so it's not that big of a deal. The aplix is amazing and the laundry tabs work well. The diaper quality is great and the colors are vibrant. I do even with the extra insert get some wicking on the legs sometimes. This is a two hour diaper for sure for us. No more or else we'd have a mess. I wish the insert was either cotton, hemp or bamboo and I wish it were a little wider. The diaper itself runs a little small so I'm not sure if it will fit until PLing time. I'd compare the diaper to one of the new Thirsties AIO's but better quality.

Sadly, the only AIO's I find absorbant enough where I am confident in leaving the house without a mess is a BGE, Grovia or maybe a PG with extra hemp booster. I kind of regret selling our BG 4.0 Pockets for Thirsties and Ones and Twos (daycare dipes, we use other ones for evening and weekends).

Maybe buy one, but I assume there will be some popping up on the FSOT soon.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #18
mamaroach
Registered Users

Though I've kind of neglected this thread, I thank you all for your comments. With all your input, I think I'll pass on this dipe since it sounds like this wasn't made for the heavy wetters, which I do have one on my hands right now. She's 8 weeks and I have to stuff all her BG 4.0's with 2 infant inserts! We also have some Elementals which we've been using and they do seem to hold a lot but my LO doesn't like to be wet and cries and that's even with a fleece liner put in. I do like putting her in the Thirsties duo AIOs for the day (very trim, super absorbent for the day & washes up nicely) but they do run small and it'll be a matter of a few more weeks of use and she'll be in the 2's. For nights, I love using BG Freetimes because they tend to hold a ton for 4-6 hours. No, she doesn't sleep that long yet for one stretch. I co-sleep and nurse her while sleeping so we sometimes go that long at night before the next diaper change. Please don't judge. Thanks again Mamas. I DS!
mamaroach is offline   Reply With Quote