Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #81
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by foggierbard9
I also wanted to thank the 2 people who recommended the pattern. I was worried that it would be hard to read or I wouldn't like it after paying for it, and I was SO wrong, this pattern is so easy to understand and I couldn't be happier with the $$ I spent...just glad I decided to get all 3 patterns for the discounted price.
I'm so happy it worked out for you! I've never bought a pattern online for just those concerns. I might have to check it out now though!

Advertisement

pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #82
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Crafty mommies

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggierbard9 View Post
I also wanted to thank the 2 people who recommended the pattern. I was worried that it would be hard to read or I wouldn't like it after paying for it, and I was SO wrong, this pattern is so easy to understand and I couldn't be happier with the $$ I spent...just glad I decided to get all 3 patterns for the discounted price.
It's a really great pattern! and I know what you mean, I've been getting knitting patterns for baby things and I'm always nervous about spending the money on them incase they aren't what I was hoping they'd be.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #83
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

where do all you mommas buy your wool from? I am currently (attempting to) crochet a REALLY simple soaker pattern with just cheap yarn to make sure I can do it so I don't mess up with expensive wool.

However, I went to Michael's yesterday thinking their be at least SOME selection... I only found two types of 100% wool and it was either not enough (190 yards) or WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much (500 yards I think) Plus the bigger one was rather stiff and I wouldn't want to put it on my baby least it irritate his skin.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #84
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottermomma View Post
where do all you mommas buy your wool from? I am currently (attempting to) crochet a REALLY simple soaker pattern with just cheap yarn to make sure I can do it so I don't mess up with expensive wool.

However, I went to Michael's yesterday thinking their be at least SOME selection... I only found two types of 100% wool and it was either not enough (190 yards) or WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much (500 yards I think) Plus the bigger one was rather stiff and I wouldn't want to put it on my baby least it irritate his skin.
Online, there are some great dyers on hyena cart and here on diaperswappers. Personally I get alot of my yarn locally from my mom or from my local wool co-op and dye alot of it myself.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #85
tinams8
Registered Users
seller

Love the soakers!!! I can't wait to see pics of everyone's babies in all these cute things.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #86
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have bought all my yarn so far at Joanns. I have bought the Lionsbrand Fisherman's wool(rough feeling at first, but soft after i washed/dyed it), Patons Wool(a little rough, but again soft after washing...started out softer than the Fisherman's wool), Stitch Nation Superwash Wool(softer than the other two, haven't washed because I just bought it). The Stitch Nation also has some regular wool not superwash that I am looking at getting some of....until I really go headlong into this, I am sticking with what I can get easily.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #87
Momoftatertots6912
Registered Users

I did not make any newborn but I may make a few fleece covers. I do plan on making all her bigger sizes once I know what I want to use.I am really trying to be as cheap as possible this time around.
Momoftatertots6912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #88
MarchMama2x
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I made my first small pocket for baby Sam today! I used the babyville stuff from Joann's that I bought months ago, it's so cute!

Attachment 97702

Last edited by MarchMama2x; 07-19-2012 at 11:55 AM.
MarchMama2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #89
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2x
I made my first small pocket for baby Sam today! I used the babyville stuff from Joann's that I bought months ago, it's so cute!
it looks amazing!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #90
MarchMama2x
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks!