Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2012, 04:00 AM   #11
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Re: How does you DH help with pumping?

mine doesn't do anything except feed the baby if i need him to (which i generally don't wake him up at night to do, ill put the baby in the swing or bouncer and feed him like that if i'm pumping,) and he'll get me food and drinks if i ask, which i generally don't because i've made my pump mobile lol.

Advertisement

JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:21 AM   #12
visioner
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauser View Post
Nothing, mine helped with nothing. He would feed him though, so I guess that is not nothing.
wss
visioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
greyrayne
Registered Users
seller

I exclusively pump...hub will watch the baby sometimes while i do so, but thats it :/
greyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #14
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Helps assemble and unassemble pump...
Old 03-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #15
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

He'll hold her while I pump, and will rinse out pump parts or bottles if I'm holding her.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:16 AM   #16
lilmomma83
Registered Users

It never occured to me to ask my DH to help...or even expect it lol. He did/does entertain/care forthe baby though while I pump which is probably the best thing anyway. I kind of prefer to wash everything and store it etc myself because I'm OCD lol...I get mad if someone even moves the bottles around in the fridge because they are organized.
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #17
Coupongal
Registered Users
seller

If you need the support than it is completely realistic. Every mama is different so whatever you need is realistic! Pumping is not an easy task! I have been pumping for 11.5 months an it has not been a walk in the park! My hubby helps with transferring milk into bottles and cleaning parts. He's also good at making sure I have a drink with me if I forget. Have a calm sit down conversation (not in the moment) to explain what you would like help with and how it benefits your pumping situation. Hopefully he will understand and be more willing to help!
Coupongal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #18
Bosanka
Registered Users
seller

I've only just started pumping, in anticipation of returning to work in two weeks after my leave, but so far, my husband has been very helpful. I've asked him to clean the parts and get things set up in the evening so that I can quickly pump one side in the morning after my son feeds on the other and goes back down to sleep. There's no way I'd have time to get stuff ready for myself and pump before he wakes back up. And I can't pump when he's awake. So far I've just been pumping once in the mornings.

And my husband has been more than happy to do so!
Bosanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #19
mommysoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He will feed or watch the baby and fetch me water or a snack if I ask but that's about it. Honestly, I prefer to wash/assemble/disassemble my pump parts and pour/label/store the milk myself. Occasionally I will have him put the milk in the fridge for me to deal with later but that's about it! Like lilmomma83 I'm OCD!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #20
ReturnMeHomeAgain
Registered Users
seller

I'm single so yeah um he helps zip zero zilch!
But my ex-MIL did make him buy me a Medela Freestyle so I guess that's something.

Honestly I can only say what things would ideally be like. If we were still married and I was a sahm I wouldn't expect him to get me anything unless I just needed water or my cell. If I was working I'd expect help with washing the parts and stuff bc I work longer hours than him.

He does buy us anything and everything I even mention I need so he does more than his fair share and he stays the night 2 nights a week and wakes up with her all night while I sleep... so I guess that's better than most ex-h, or baby daddies. When he's at the house with her while I'm at work or at an appt or something he washes all the dishes and cleans up. So it could be worse

Destashing Grovia shells, soakers, boosters, bioliners & wipes. Also cloth trainers!

http://s754.photobucket.com/user/Nur...ary/ds%20goods
ReturnMeHomeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote