Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2012, 03:23 AM   #11
gapgirl5
Registered Users
seller

Re: So who has shared the news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
I've told two IRL friends, and the DS ladies . DH has told his best friends. We're waiting as long as possible before telling anyone else. We know we'll get a lot of negative comments, and I don't feel like hearing it.
I agree, both of our families think we should not have any more

Advertisement

Mom to DD 4 (8/2007) DD 2 (8/2009) DS 10 months (05/2011), #4 due 11/2012
gapgirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:23 AM   #12
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have told a few close friends and my Grandmas..but otherwise we will be waiting until our u/s on the 15th....last time I went and spilled it asap we lost the bean a few days later...not ready to go through that again...

Last edited by armywife70; 03-05-2012 at 06:38 AM.
armywife70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #13
GardenMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapgirl5 View Post
We will get lots of nasty comments about it from dh's fam, but not our friends. That is the great thing about a military town! Large families are the norm! The feeling of community and the thought of co-parenting with your girlfriend is so reassuring that 4 small children is manageable. One of my best friends live 4 doors down with her 7 kids and her husband is away in California (gone for a year and a half, won't be back for six more months). You help each other out when ever you can. If you know her babies didn't sleep weep one night, and her teens are out of the house for the day, you cook double dinner and take half down the road. If you are in the middle of dinner and realize you don't have one key ingredient, you call her and and have her teen run it up the hill.
Ashley Wife to a US Marine& Mamma to Braelynn (5), Brody (2), Adalynn (1) , and expecting #4 November 1st!!
GardenMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #14
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenMamma View Post
We will get lots of nasty comments about it from dh's fam, but not our friends. That is the great thing about a military town! Large families are the norm! The feeling of community and the thought of co-parenting with your girlfriend is so reassuring that 4 small children is manageable. One of my best friends live 4 doors down with her 7 kids and her husband is away in California (gone for a year and a half, won't be back for six more months). You help each other out when ever you can. If you know her babies didn't sleep weep one night, and her teens are out of the house for the day, you cook double dinner and take half down the road. If you are in the middle of dinner and realize you don't have one key ingredient, you call her and and have her teen run it up the hill.
SOOO true!! We used to get nothing but negative from both sides of our familys...I think #5 had them questioning...#6 they realized that we weren't stopping for them, and so with this one..#7...they are all very excited! We are also VERY lucky in that my 2 best friends both have large families..one with 9 and one with 10 kiddos..so full support there..our other friends think we are crazy, but they are fully accepting...most are military, so they are very supportive! (DH is active Army)
Old 03-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #15
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ashley, that's amazing. I wish we had that kind of support.

As for the negative comments, we haven't gotten any yet. this is #4 for us and everyone so far seems pretty excited. The only sort of negative we're getting is that we REALLY need a new place now, since we are in 400 sq ft I already knew that though.

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #16
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapgirl5

My family doesn't help us at all, and neither does DH's family, so I'll never understand why they think they're entitled to voice their opinions (or even have an opinion, really).
Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #17
winodini
Registered Users

I hate that people think they have rights to voice over other peoples families

What military town are you near? I'm living in one too
Old 03-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #18
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller

With DD DH didn't tell his mom that we were expecting until I was about 21 weeks pregnant and showing, the day before I met her.... we were both military at the time so we didn't see family much.... she was suprised but I don't think it was a good first impression. She LOVES me to pieces today though

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #19
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I told one friend even before I told my husband. He wasn't home and I was in shock and to be honest, upset so I needed to talk to someone. Since it's almost a week later, I am started to get excited more than shocked/scared. My husband, 2 of my best friends and 2 co-workers know. I will tell my parent's within the next 3 weeks and maybe a couple more friends and then keep it secret from extended family until I'm 12wks.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #20
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP

Last edited by Lovinmama3; 03-05-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Lovinmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote