Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
Registered Users

So I guess I am joining you all! This is totally unexpected..I took an OPK today thinking I felt the ovulation twinges that I usually do, and it was VERY positive. So, I decided to take a preg test because I am having another long cycle...and well you never know. The HPT was very positive. Like showing positive before the control line popped somehow I missed my O this month. Oops. I am scared...and excited...I knew this was going to happen eventually but I didn't think it would happen so soon. This will be baby #6 for us. I just can't believe it. Makayla just turned a year and is still breastfeeding. She is small for her age (17 lbs) and they are "watching" her weight right now, so I don't really know what to do about that since I am sure being preg will change my milk. So any tips/suggestions on that would be great!

Congrats to everyone and I am excited to be joining you!

Suzanne, WAHM to Crystal (16), Caleb (11), Zarek (9), Ethan (3), Makayla (1) and baby #6 due 11-1-12

Angel's Rose Creations

Custom Embroidery and Gifts ~PM me for blanks!
WAHM thread
suzanne0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Um.....Wow!

Congrats mama! I don't have any advice about your milk but I would make sure to talk to a lactation consultant.

How far along do you think you are?
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
Registered Users
I'm a lactation educator

You can easily continue to nurse your daughter! Although you may find your milk dries before the end of ur first trimester. It's common, but doesn't always happen

Your milk 'might' change flavor due to hormones but nutritionally it will still be appropriate for ur daughter.

Congrats on ur new pregnancy!!
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
Registered Users

Congrats! My "test" line appeared first too. I'm a kid behind you, though. And yes, you likely can nurse through your whole pregnancy. I nursed through two and intend to nurse through this one as well.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I nursed very easily through pregnancy #5! I won't be nursing during this one, because DS weaned a month and a half ago...My OB said I needed to drink a gallon of water a day to keep my fluids up enough to keep my milk flowing...not sure if she was right, and not sure exactly when I dried up or if I ever did fully...but he didn't wean until 2 weeks before the baby was born and that was because I was having preterm labor and the OB said I needed to wean...I chose not to tandem when the baby was born (2 weeks later )
Becky ~ Wife to my high school sweetheart for 18 years, Mama and homeschool teacher to 7 here with us and 9 .Due with another RAINBOW!! Aug 18, 2014!
armywife70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

welcome and congrats!

I'm nursing through this pregnancy too. remember to drink lots of water, and I have gone back to all those tricks and tips for upping your milk supply early on, just in case. Oatmeal for breakfast, supply and demand tea, whatever I can do.

Our babies are very close in age too, my youngest turned a year feb 10!
Elaine, SAHM to E (11/07), J (8/09), A (2/11), G (11/12), P (7/14)

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
Registered Users

Welcome and many congrats <3
melissa: queen bee in a house of men.

Last edited by winodini; 03-03-2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: typos
winodini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

My youngest turned turned 1 fen 5, hehe! We found out I was pregnant with her just after my sons first birthday also! I nursed Brody till he was a little over two, and I hope Addy will do the same.
My milk never dried up. I did loose a let down sensation, but always had plenty of was weird. My "regular" milk just transitioned to colostrum at about 30ish weeks, and Brody was in heaven, Ha! At least once a day if not more he would tell me his " noo-noos" tasted like candy!
Ashley Wife to a US Marine& Mamma to Braelynn (5), Brody (2), Adalynn (1) , and expecting #4 November 1st!!
GardenMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
Registered Users
My Mood:

Congrats! I was also shocked when I found out I was pregnant last week as I have a 6mo.
Katie - WOHM to two boys and wife to a third boy.
Expecting our third child at the end of October!
Lovinmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote