Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mo-di ID twins and a vaginal delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
WEll, mine are frats, so I guess it doens't count But Baby B was breech and flipped after A was out. I think that main thing that matters is that baby A is head down in position. After A is out, they can usually work baby B around right (even if you have to have a version like I did ). Best of luck, cant' believe you are having a second set of twins!

And yes, you need some girls!
this will be her 3rd set...so awesome

You do need some girls!

Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #12
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

di/di and frat here, but chiming in with my two cents....both my girls were born vaginally, both breech, baby a was a full lb smaller and it was all good....
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #13
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, Beck, but you did it at home too! You are my hero! I don't think I went long enough to have had a homebirth with either set. Set #1 was 35wks 0 days and set #2 was 36wks 0 days. I'm glad I was at the hospital because both times Baby B had breathing issues. B with my second set ended up on the strongest c-pap and had to hang out there for 11 days. I think it is so cool that you had them at home though!

Freethinker - I know you know it's set #3. We've known each other a really long time now...5 years almost. I picked my OB specifically because he is pro-vag delivery and is fine with it as long as baby A is head down. He isn't worried about B at all. That is cool your B flipped after A was born. I forgot that.

With my first set, you probably don't remember, but B was breech the whole time. I thought I had the correct understanding from my OB that he was fine with a vaginal delivery as long as A was head down. I was wrong and felt totally deceived. But, I didn't find this out till I was at 32wks. It was too late to change and I had no clue who to even go to. B was still breech when I went into labor. As soon as I got to the hospital, I made them do an u/s to check his position. He wasn't head down yet, but he was turning! We basically watched him turn on u/s and then I had my vaginal delivery!! My OB wasn't happy about it. I found out later, he is a c-sec happy OB, especially with twins and I was very lucky not to have one.

So, knowing I may have another set, I left his practice after my 6wk check up and immediately started looking for an OB who would be willing to deliver if B was breech. I found my current OB through another OB who I asked about it long before I was even pregnant with my second set. I saw him for the first time when I was 7.5wks pregnant not knowing if it was twins or not. I am so thankful to have found him. He's an hour away from me know, but I don't care. I love him and will stay with him for sure.

My OB also told me he delivered a set of twins, both breech because she came in basically "crowing." As he said it, he was saying, "hint, hint." He also told me about delivering twins v-bac. He has no issues delivering twins vaginally. He has a partner now (along with the MW he works with) and he has assured me that he is the same way. I hope he's right.

Anyway, I'm kind of over freaking out about them not being able to turn or something. I was being a newly pregnant silly woman. I still think it will be amazing if I have a 3rd set vaginally, but I have every intention of making it happen!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #14
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauser View Post
this will be her 3rd set...so awesome
I didn't meant that in a rude way. I just figured she over looked it...not too many people have 2 sets of twins let alone 3
Old 03-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #15
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauser View Post
I didn't meant that in a rude way. I just figured she over looked it...not too many people have 2 sets of twins let alone 3
I didn't think you meant it in a rude way at all. Sorry if it came off like I did.

You are right, not many have 2 sets and I've never met anyone with 3, not even online (though I've come across some in the news). Crazy.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #16
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
I didn't think you meant it in a rude way at all. Sorry if it came off like I did.

You are right, not many have 2 sets and I've never met anyone with 3, not even online (though I've come across some in the news). Crazy.
No you didn't...I just wanted to make sure I didn't seem that way.

Whoo hoo are you ready to be on the news? I am so shy I could never! Maybe the news paper I could do.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #17
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm hoping no one is going to find out At least no one who is going to want to put us in any kind of spotlight. If they want to put an announcement in our local paper, fine. It's a small town anyway. Other than that, I'm not really interested in the attention. Unless of course, they give us free cloth diapers.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #18
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Double post

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 03-05-2012 at 08:00 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #19
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

I mis-typed! I've been with a sick baby all week and now I have her cold... no wonder she's been so cranky! It's great you found such a great OB> Mine was also willing to deliver B vaginally if needed, but I think those Drs. are few and far between!