Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 4-H Kiddos?

I did 4-H and FFA.

I MUCH prefer FFA BUT you do have to be older to join. I think it's 6 or 7th grade. For the younger kids 4-H is great. SOME clubs though are VERY clicky and snotty though (for 4-H) and go off a "Last names" and really depends on who you know. This is in some areas though not all. Te good thing is if you don't like one club you can move to another (usually) haha

Advertisement

Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #12
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FFA is high school. The organization does allow 8th graders in a discovery program, but not all schools have that option. Around here not many even have 9th grade programs because they are still in the Jr. high at that point. One of the requirements is they must be in an agriculture class to join so if the school doesn't have a teacher they can't. 4-H is open to all youth from 3rd grade/8years old and up. However, some areas do have a cloverbud program for younger kids, some don't.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #13
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I homeschool and my kids are in 4-H. This is our first year in it and it does seem to be a lot of work, but they like it.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #14
dangerbunny
Registered Users
seller

4-h clubs are often divided by focus, I was in a farm stuff 4-h for a year so I could participate in the 4-h livestock show at the fair. The group I was with was not a good fit and I was fairly miserable.
dangerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #15
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
FFA is high school. The organization does allow 8th graders in a discovery program, but not all schools have that option. Around here not many even have 9th grade programs because they are still in the Jr. high at that point. One of the requirements is they must be in an agriculture class to join so if the school doesn't have a teacher they can't. 4-H is open to all youth from 3rd grade/8years old and up. However, some areas do have a cloverbud program for younger kids, some don't.

Oh yeah see in my middle school we were allowed to join in the 6th grade =) only "certain" people could join in 6th grade (people wanting to do animal projects) and in 7th grade anyone could join.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote