Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
One Little Window
Registered Users
Formerly: mamainmaine
seller
seller

Anyone can outside, or have an outdoor kitchen?

????

I'm in the mood to dream and design in my head for the farm we're trying to get... The climate's much warmer, and I'm hoping to can a LOT.. and also just have a lot of gatherings/dinners/etc... during summer times.

I also am planning on setting up an outdoor living space to hang out and eat outside.

I want to set up an outdoor kitchen. I've even thought of making an outdoor shed/kitchen with a woodstove. I've always wanted a wood cookstove - but I'm not sure I'll put one in the house in the climate we're moving to.

So - anyone can outside or have an outdoor kitchen? How'd you design it? What kind of cooking/stove do you use? Tell me ALL the details!

Advertisement

One Little Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
sparkygirl74
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone can outside, or have an outdoor kitchen?

I don't, but a outdoor kitchen or summer kitchen are definitely part of my dream house plans
Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We did last year and the year before. Here at the new house though we can't untill I get my sink and counter down at the shed/garage. That's where my wood burning stove it. The garden and shicken coops will be right there. We just don't have the money in the budget yet to run electric and water way down there yet. Any extra money will be put into the garden and coops this year. I CAN NOT wat though! I want the sink and stainless counter outside to use for the chickens too. That way it can all get an easy bleachdown.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We can on campchef stoves outside. No outdoor kitchen just folding tables, and camp stoves. All the mess stays outside.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
One Little Window
Registered Users
Formerly: mamainmaine
seller
seller

Do you just use the small propane camp stoves? I never knew if that'd be strong/hardy enough. We've only ever used those camping or in long power outages...
One Little Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
mrschaeos
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have electicity outside, an i got a bunch of used bricks. We are going to make permanent brick tables, i do want to put an area for grilling into it too. So we can set up our roastair an crock pot outside this year. Texas is so hot in the summer you dont even want a little heat inside. I dont know if we will ever have a big enough garden to can but i can dream
Old 03-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have an outdoor stove. I actually just got lucky and enclosed part of my patio..well kind of..mainly to keep it out of the weather. It's great for during the summer when it reaches 110+ and I need to get some cooking done !

One of my old neighbors back home actually had a whole facility outside dedicated JUST for canning. I would have bought his house just for that reason LOL
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
dublinup
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My mother in law has an outdoor kitchen and it is where we primarily eat/cook during the warm months.
It has a sink, fridge, & bbq, but not a cooking stove. I guess for canning we could just bring out a few of the hot plate burners. There is plenty of counter space. Her kitchen is absolutely awesome. If it were mine I probably would have added a wood fired oven for pizza and bread. One thing they put in (the kitchen is open on 3 sides and has a roof over it) that was very smart was ceiling fans. Not only does it clear out smoke from the bbq, the mosquitos hate the breeze. We live in skeeterville, so this is a big plus.