Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Any working mamas of many?

I'm a full time WOHM with a wonderful SAHD...but I'm so hesitant about jumping from 3 to 4 children because I work outside the home. My DH is an awesome Dad, but he's not exactly the Martha Stewart of running a household. I still do the deep cleaning at home, make sure kids have what they need for school and activities, scheduling dr appts, grocery shopping, etc.

Any mamas of many who work full time outside of the home?

ISO: FCOL boy shirts and MM Woodland Tale yarn
BESMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Any working mamas of many?

Motherhood is not a hobby, its a calling, you do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps, Its not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, its what god gave you time for. ~E. Anderson
TwinMommaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
I have four and am pg with #5. Dh and I are both professors which makes our schedules flexible.
Deborah , mom to my girl J (8/02), boy O (3/06), identical twin boys T and D (2/10), and newbie boy F (6/12).
Djuna2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Registered Users

I work 24-40 hours, it just depends on what my work wants me to work. My job is open 24/7, so I can work weekends, graveyards or swings, sometimes even 16 hour shifts. I have a good job but I hate it. Dh is a full-time student and works 5-10 hours/week at home for a data entry job. We have 4 kids (my stepson lives with us half time) and I'm due with #5 in May. Looking back I don't know how I used to do it all when I work full-time, especially when the twins were little. Since I've gotten pregnant I have no energy, so I'm no longer super mom, but I used to be. I usually have to work full-time about half the year. I commend you for working full-time and taking care of so much. Most moms don't work after they have 2 kids where I live, I know lots of sahms with 1 kid, so sometimes I do feel like an idiot for working. I would love to stop working after the baby is born but I doubt it will work out.
lilac0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #5
Registered Users

I have a full time business I run from home and I teach classes part time at the local college. My dh runs his own business as well so we schedule around each other to make sure are kids are home with us. It's really tough sometimes so we've learned to plan regular time off each week at the same time so we aren't always two ships passing in the night. We are actually planning a move so my dh can pursue his career better. While we make it work it is not how we want to live forever. Hang in there.
ziursrm is offline   Reply With Quote