Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What do you pack in your hospital bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel0123 View Post
True. I was a lll leader for several yrs. (retired due to lack of time) Although nipple confusion doesnt happen to every baby. It can happen. When baby wants to suck its best to put it to tge breast.
Thats what I thought. I didnt give dd one until she was 2 weeks old.

Advertisement

mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #12
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Thanks everyone!! Super helpful.

I was told by my le leche leader NOT to give baby a paci until they were 2 weeks or so because that way they have a good breastfeeding latch down pat. She said the paci right away can mess with that??
DD never had a problem with it. Some say it causes nipple confusion and then some say only giving bottles too soon can cause it because there is actually milk coming out. I have yet to meet a nipple confused paci baby but met plenty who became confused by too early bottles.

Either way, I love pacifiers and wish DD would have stuck with them. We never had a supply issue or latch issue and I really hope this baby will get hooked on one because paci babies are so much easier...

Last edited by hilaryisinked; 10-01-2011 at 06:53 PM.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #13
txtinkerbelle
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
DD never had a problem with it. Some say it causes nipple confusion and then some say only giving bottles too soon can cause it because there is actually milk coming out. I have yet to meet a nipple confused paci baby but met plenty who became confused by too early bottles.

Either way, I love pacifiers and wish DD would have stuck with them. We never had a supply issue or latch issue and I really hope this baby will get hooked on one because paci babies are so much easier...
my friend's baby had nipple confusion. she only breast fed for a day and a half and put a paci in his mouth everytime he cried. her son started out strong breastfeeding, but then started having problems latching on so she gave up and gave him a bottle.
txtinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote