Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
DwellMama
Dwell Wool Knits
Formerly: mumtotwoboys
seller

My Mood:
Need 6 month portrait suggestions...

I'm taking both boys tomorrow for portraits. 6 month shots for Liam and a brothers shot with Jackson whose 2.5. What to wear?! Should I do a just diaper shot for Liam's alone pics? What kind of diaper? (We have a prefolds, prefitteds from GMAR, Tinkle Traps, BG's, Fanciful Fanny's prints, wool shorties, BBH's)

Can anyone share what they did for portrait sittings to give me some ideas? Please?!? Thank you!!!

Advertisement

Old 07-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
wyandemma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Need 6 month portrait suggestions...

Hmmm... well, i'm a photographer so i do my own pics of my kids. But, i know that what works best with siblings especially is say.. your two older boys in white.. t-shirts, polos, etc. and jeans, and the baby either nakey with diap, or the same. It's nice to keep it simple.. ya know? then for the alone shots, nakey with a cute diap is fun... here's some of emma's shots i did recently.

here's one of the two together... sissy was nakey but brother just had a diap... the kid never leaves his clothes on...

Old 07-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #3
AddysMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we dont do studio portraits.
instead there is a few local mamas that are photographers that take pics either in their studio, your home, your location of choice, etc.
we did ours in a GORGEOUS park full of trees, a pond, etc.
and just wore a nice outfit, all of us. but nothing too fancy, thats just NOT who we are.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:11 PM   #4
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These are from my ds's 4.5mo pics.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #5
DwellMama
Dwell Wool Knits
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyandemma View Post
Hmmm... well, i'm a photographer so i do my own pics of my kids. But, i know that what works best with siblings especially is say.. your two older boys in white.. t-shirts, polos, etc. and jeans, and the baby either nakey with diap, or the same. It's nice to keep it simple.. ya know? then for the alone shots, nakey with a cute diap is fun... here's some of emma's shots i did recently.

here's one of the two together... sissy was nakey but brother just had a diap... the kid never leaves his clothes on...

Wow, can you do my boys pictures! Beautiful shots! Those are good ideas thank you! I like simple. We're doing picture people, I like their simplicity (but not their price!) I pulled out jeans and tee w/chucks or big brother and will likely do a plain prefold or prefitted on little brother, or a white tee with overalls for him. I like the nakey pic - very cute. I might try to get the boys shirtless like that together. Awesome! Thanks!
Old 07-22-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
wyandemma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumtotwoboys View Post
Wow, can you do my boys pictures! Beautiful shots! Those are good ideas thank you! I like simple. We're doing picture people, I like their simplicity (but not their price!) I pulled out jeans and tee w/chucks or big brother and will likely do a plain prefold or prefitted on little brother, or a white tee with overalls for him. I like the nakey pic - very cute. I might try to get the boys shirtless like that together. Awesome! Thanks!

Hahaha! Yeah! I'd do their pics! But.. i'm in Mich... so not sure that would work too well... darnit! My aunt and uncle live in maryland, and when i go visit them I'm taking my studio there with me. I also have family in eastern PA... hehehe...
Old 07-22-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
DwellMama
Dwell Wool Knits
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyandemma View Post
Hahaha! Yeah! I'd do their pics! But.. i'm in Mich... so not sure that would work too well... darnit! My aunt and uncle live in maryland, and when i go visit them I'm taking my studio there with me. I also have family in eastern PA... hehehe...
Hehee! I'm in Montgomery Co. near Quakertown. Where abouts are your family in PA? That would be cool to have you do the pics if you had your studio with you!
Old 07-22-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
wyandemma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumtotwoboys View Post
Hehee! I'm in Montgomery Co. near Quakertown. Where abouts are your family in PA? That would be cool to have you do the pics if you had your studio with you!

I believe they are near Youngstown... but not for certain. I know they are close to the ohio border. I lived in Littlestown, near Gettysburg for a few years growing up... I LOVE PA... would move there in a heartbeat!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:41 PM   #9
shllywlly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And this is one I took myself at the beach....