Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Buxterboo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anybody else losing weight?

Ill be 7 weeks tomorrow and I've already lost 10 (yes TEN) pounds!!! What the heck?! I lost weight with my first but that's because I was hyperemesis This pregnancy has been MUCH easier (only threwup 3 times so far!). So why am I dropping weight?! Also, I'm thinking protien shakes might be a good idea at this point. I'm currently 103 so losing any more at this point cant be healthy... Anybody else having/had this problem? If so what did you do? Waiting on a referral from military insurance (takes forever) so I currently have no doc to call and since this isn't an emergency...

Advertisement

Buxterboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
spencerrn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anybody else losing weight?

I have lost about 6lbs but I am technically obese so no issues. I was losing weight prior to conception on purpose. I have lost about 22lbs altogether since Christmas.

You can go see Family Practice for early prental care until your referral comes thru. We just left the military in July.
spencerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would definitely talk to your doctor. What about those high calorie drinks like ensure?
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, you need to see a Dr. 10lbs is a LOT of weight in such a short amount of time... and unless you are like 3ft tall, at 103 you really shouldn't be losing that much.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
What does your ob/gyn or your PCM say? I think they should be able to help you out, at least do bloodwork to see if there is anything wrong. I know referrals take forever, we have Tricare too. Military moves SLOW!
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
Buxterboo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The referral finally went through so I'll be calling my OB to get in asap I gained a lb from yesterday (pretty crazy when you're excited about gaining a lb lol) started drinking those shake thingys so maybe that's helping
Old 03-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would definitely get in to see someone asap, even your PCM can help you. I'm losing weight but I'm technically obese like the previous poster. I lost weight the first 22 weeks with dd, so I think it's my normal. But I've only lost like 2% of my weight where as you've lost over 10%.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

I lost 13lbs with my first, 8 with my second and 5 so far this time. My doctor never seemed concerned but it was over my entire first trimester and I was a little overweight to begin with. I think 10 lbs in such a short amount of time is alot and I would be concerned esp since your so tiny to begin with. The ensure drinks sound like a good idea if your having a hard time eating. Actually I think I'm gonna get me some...don't know why I didn't think of that sooner!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
Buxterboo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They are helping! Gained another lb