Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wink Am I the only one who likes their city water?

Where we live perhaps only 1 out of 1000+ homes have a well. I did NOT believe that untill we physically moved here and I saw it for myself. There is even an old city water supply down the road. It is a copper pipe drilled into the side of a huge rockface where a natural spring comes through. It has a super old bible vurse above it, forget what it is? MANY people still get there drinking water there. I mean they are actually extreamly high in price! We are on solid rock. You even have to have property perked to see if a well can even be dug before you buy/sell. Our water comes from the towns main lake. Very clean water. I have lived just about everywhere and never had water this good. You just taste fresh nothing. The more rain we get, the softer the water becomes. It's never been close to hard though. A little bit of soap/detergent/shampoo goes a LONG way!

I really love our water. May sound silly, but I drink it outa the sink rather than the fridge dispinser!

Anyone elese? The thread about water filters got me wondering, lol.

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one who likes their city water?

We are on city water here (not from a well) and I like our water (or maybe I am used to it) the tap in our bathroom gets really really cold, so after I brush my teeth at night I always gulp some down, it tastes clean, with no weird after tastes
At my parents house where I grew up (savannah, ga) they are on an island... the water is gross!! It tastes like chlorine and comes from the floridian aquifer bleh!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hated our Fl water. That's where we lived before here. Too many wells, it's over pumped. it also needs to be super deep or you get that sulpher and iron.

Our water is like ice here too, lol. If weird. Even in the summer. Sooo good.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

We like our city water.

It actually comes from a local spring and is piped into homes. I know they do have to put something in it due to guidelines/rules but it has no taste or smell like the water in the next town.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know our city water is not from a spring, it is highly chlorinated and fluoride is added and probably a lot more. so I wish i could say that i like it but i HATE it, is the reason we refill a 5 gallon bottle at the grocer with RO water. We want to get our own water filter, hopefully soon.
vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our city water is quite tasty. We use a filter and drink right from the tap.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
drabekgirl
Registered Users

I would only drink filtered city water. Thankfully I'm on well water now although it has its quirks too.
drabekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

I used to love the water in Omaha, but after moving to the country and drinking pure water from a well, ALL city water tastes like chemicals to me now. Even the water in Omaha, I just never noticed it before.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #9
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
We are on a well but I drink straight from the tap and when I am visiting friends who live in town I have no problem drinking from the tap either.