Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What are you looking forward to? What are you not looking forward to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
-ebf poo. while sticky poo is gross, toddler poo is soo easy to dump with CDs, ebf poo kind of scares me
Maybe it's just me but I do nothing with ebf poo, I just throw them in the diaper pail and wash. It's way ever than toddler poo IMO

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #12
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah
Looking forward to :
Training up another little one for the LORDs kingdom
meeting this little one
Tandem nursing again
Homebirth! I really am praying we get a homebirth this time!
labor and delivery (not til term I hope) I love giving birth.
Newborn diapers
New baby smell
Snuggling with a new little person and getting to know him or her
Naming the baby
My little girl becoming a big sister
Introducing our newest member to our friends and family
Teeny toes and tiny fingers
a summer baby! We haven't had a summer baby before, I'm looking forward to all the vitamin D and hopefully no pp blues because of it

Not looking forward to:
Sleepless nights, I think that's the hardest part for most of us eh? God is so merciful though, He always gives the strength and endurance to make it through.

I also have some dread about everyone wanting to hold the new one and I just want my babies near me ALL the time, but at the same time is important to me that the young ladies at church get turns so they can get a taste of the joy of mothering.
I don't like when ppl hold my babies (even DH gets a time limit lol) but not to much of a problem since we live in Japan away from most friends and all of family. I will have baby in the moby at church so we should be good
Old 03-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamata3 View Post
I will have baby in the moby at church so we should be good
I do that too on the days I just cant bear to part with the baby. Our little R spent the first couple months of her life in the Moby, she was a month early and I dont think I even left the house til she was "to term"
Old 03-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
Maybe it's just me but I do nothing with ebf poo, I just throw them in the diaper pail and wash. It's way ever than toddler poo IMO
Especially the way my toddler has been pooping lately. She's had diarrhea on and off for almost two weeks now--I think due to teething, but I'm calling her ped on Monday to see if I should be concerned.

Let's just say that no cloth diaper, however amazing, can hold toddler diarrhea in...
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #15
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I also have some dread about everyone wanting to hold the new one and I just want my babies near me ALL the time, but at the same time is important to me that the young ladies at church get turns so they can get a taste of the joy of mothering.
I'm totally with you on that! DD was a pretty cranky baby, and I felt that every time she had a happy moment, someone else was holding her! I just had her for the endless nursing sessions and all the screaming times.

This time around we won't have family around, but we will have our church. We're the pastor's family, and our new LO will be the only baby in church, so I know they'll be really excited about him. I'm really hoping he'll take to the Sleepy Wrap. I love the people in our church, but I don't want them (or anyone but DH and DD) to hold my baby for a while!
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
Old 03-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #16
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
Especially the way my toddler has been pooping lately. She's had diarrhea on and off for almost two weeks now--I think due to teething, but I'm calling her ped on Monday to see if I should be concerned.

Let's just say that no cloth diaper, however amazing, can hold toddler diarrhea in...

Do you vaccinate? My son started having awful diarrhea after a series of vaccines, like 10-12 times a day
Old 03-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #17
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Do you vaccinate? My son started having awful diarrhea after a series of vaccines, like 10-12 times a day
Aw, that must have been awful for you both!

No, we don't vaccinate. If this isn't teething, I'm guessing it a food allergy response (although to what I'm not sure).
Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #18
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm looking forward to finding out whether we'll have another son or another daughter! I'm looking forward to labor and birth with my beloved midwife and husband supporting me and the excitement of our other kids as they meet their new sibling for the first time. I also can't wait for the joy of cuddling a newborn, carrying him/her in the sling, and being a family of 8!
Things I'm not looking forward to: having to fully wake up in the middle of the night to change newborn poop diapers (life is so much easier when they stop pooping all night!), having to play "pass the baby"--I like keeping baby close, overabundant milk leaking all over, especially at night, more laundry, and the fact that I know my little toddler will suddenly switch from looking like a little peanut to looking like a GIANT once she's tandem nursing with her new sibling. These are my closest in age kids (23 months) and I'm a little sad that she won't be the baby for as long as the others were.
Kristin
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote