Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #21
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weekend chatter 3/10-3/11

Time change is totally throwing me off tonight and my brain is fuzzy- but I've been lurking all weekend...wanted to chime in

Jenny- Those garden boxes look AMAZING (yes, i just stalked your blog for a good 20 minutes ) That is a tough situation with the neighbor. When I was a little girl, my friend lived down the block, and looking back, I think it was a very similar situation. THere was a lot of violence in her home, and her family sent her down to us a lot. And man was she a bad influence on me and my little brother! My parents always stuck firm though that when she was in our house, she had to go by our rules. And while you can't enforce stuff like that on a playground or something, I think if her family is sending her to YOUR yard, it is totally appropriate to enforce your rules with her. Easier said than done though! Good luck

Sara- I can totally sympathize! Last pregnancy I was a waitress and my pregnancy, and I remember thinking "gah, how can these people get so worked up over the price difference in a large or small Diet Coke when I am forming a life in my body!?!?!" Customer service can be SOOOO TRYING! It ended up being really neat later in pregnancy though, a lot of regular customers gave me gifts for the baby and sweet cards and well wishes (one super sweet older gay man even took my to Costco and claimed he was just letting me use his discount and then paid for EVERYTHING i was buying for the baby behind my back!) Anyway, all to say, happy you're gonna get a break from it soon- for as sweet as people can be, they can be a pain in the you-know-what. LOL.

Amy- when I was in my tiny studio apartment I did a little window "garden"- it was mostly just pots of herbs for the kitchen and a pepper tree, but it fulfilled my need for a garden space. Just, you know, as an idea

Eileen- echoing the desire to hear what you froze! I want to do a bunch of freezer meals before the baby comes, but I didn't do anything like that last time around and I have never really frozen food much...so I have no ideas!

Jeanette- I am so in awe of foster parents! That is so cool that you guys do that.

Caroline- I am so jealous of your weekend, haha. that could have been my weekend too if Statistics homework had not invaded my every waking moment. ew.

AFM- I haven't been enjoying any food I eat. It sounds ok, then I eat it and everything just tastes...blah. Also, I have been feeling slightly sick but "not pregnant" during the day, and then come 7pm I suddenly feel achy and nauseous, and "full" in my lower pelvis, and just ready to pass out. It's so weird! And unfortunately it's just in time for supper clean up, DS's "wild time" as he tries to pretend he's not getting tired, and DPs' at work...

On the plus side, DP works in a restaurant (where I also used to work, and where we met, so I know the menu) and he's been bringing me these amazing salads every night to have the next day for lunch. Tomorrow will be black bean "cancun" chicken salad with all the veggies they could throw on and chipotle dressing. Hopefully that will hit the spot.

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #22
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:

Holy longest post ever, sorry ladies!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #23
GracieMak'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Sara, sorry work is hard. What do you do? ANd when are you planning on giving your 2 week notice?

It IS hard to turn the little girl away, trust me. I've never once done it. I feel so bad for her. It is currently becoming more sticky as she is becoming a bad influence, but my DH and I were talking today and decided that we are totally going to be brave and set boundaries. We are not brave with other peoples kids AT ALL. I personally am afraid of an outraged mom yelling at me for telling her daughter "no". But I need to grow a pair and stand up for the morals we set at our house and if the little girl has a problem with that (which I doubt she will) she can go home. But I doubt she will. I'm pretty sure no one pays her any mind there. And if an outraged mom comes over and yells at me for telling her daughter to not talk about "showing butts" to my daughter, well then she can take her poor child home with her. Boundaries do need to be set. I think I was just at the end of my rope today with these people. The mom comes and goes and doesn't even tell her daughter hello or goodbye. She will show up when her daughter is playing in our yard and not even wave at the poor girl. Then her friends will come pick her up and she won't even tell the poor girl goodbye. Not a hug....not even a GLANCE!!! Today a friend dropped the mom off and there were two young boys in the car and the friend stood outside cursing up a storm for all the children to hear. ugh......... Its just one sad thing after the other with that family and today I had kind of met my limit as yesterday they were yelling and screaming up a storm while we were outside playing with the kids. Anyways, ok, rant over.
^ I think that is a great solution, imo!

And, i'm a cashier at Michaels Craft store. Not a particularly tough job in of itself, but when you have managers who treat you according to how much like god they feel like being today, and customers who are just convinced you are after their money. . .it isnt a happy place. Don't get me wrong, for the most part, i love people, i and i try my best to always have a smile and a kind word. . . . today was just one of those days i wanted to flip them a certain finger and walk away.

I plan on giving my 2 weeks after i get my 12 wk ultrasound. I would have given it sooner, but the 1st 2 ultrasounds didnt give me the assurance i was looking for to tell everyone and walk away from my job.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #24
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Kara, its not stalking.....I invited you guys to take a look! And I LOVE sharing ideas/pics with other urban homesteaders and homestead enthusiasts. I would have never learned about how much you can plant on a small plot if it weren't for the wonderful world of blogging. Did you say you guys were currently urban homesteading, or planning to? Or maybe neither....hard to keep everyone straight. But I thought it was you who mentioned you gardened a lot for food. If so, does the new place have a big garden plot?

Love the chatter in here tonight ladies. It seems we got quiet for a while. My uterus feels tight and growing too. This morning I woke up and could physically see a change since the night before and usually in the morning it looks smaller than at night. And it was so tight and I could literally feel my whole uterus inside me. Kinda neat. Forgot to have DH take a pic. Maybe I'll have my sis do it soon.
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote