Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2012, 04:52 AM   #1
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

Why am I carrying this baby so high and my other 4 babies were so low?

I don't get it! This is my 5th baby and I'm carrying her way up high like I never carried my other four babies, from what I remember. Albeit, it's been almost 10 years since I had my last child. I just assumed that women carry the baby depending on her body...and I figured I just always carry my babies low. In all my other pregnancies I had sciatica pain, pelvic pain and pressure in late pregnancy. My crotch would go numb from the weight because baby would be so low. This pregnancy, baby is way up in my ribs. They feel like they might snap. Sometimes she has a foot up so high in my ribs that it feels like my uterus is above/outside my ribs.

Has anyone else out there carried babies completely different like this? I guess I do remember my first pregnancy being more up high than the next three...I was so young, only 18 when I had her and I remember asking the OB if it was possible that her foot could be outside of my ribs (because it felt that way!) and he just matter of fact said "Ummm...NO." I felt really embarrassed and stupid for asking him that. That is what it feels like now too...16+ years later. All my first four kids were around 3 years or less apart except number 3 and 4 were 15 months apart. It's been 10 years now, almost. Maybe it's because this is like my first pregnancy again? Because there is such a space between? I also don't get nearly as many BH contx with this pregnancy as I remember from my others. Nearly none.

Oh no...does this mean I get to have another 12-18 hour labor like a first time mom because my body forgot it's had 4 prior kids since it's been so long? Instead of the 2-3 hr labors I had with my last couple kids?

OK...enough of my weird 3rd trimester insomniac musings. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Advertisement