Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
Registered Users
Wool wraps question, also a G Diaper question

I have been battling with diaper rash with my daughter on and off since she was born. It clears up for a while, but it always comes back. I've been toying with the idea of trying wool, but we are super duper broke and so I don't want to make the investment if it doesn't work for us. I found some fairly affordable wraps that I might try here on DS.
I already have 3 Thirsties Fab fitteds size 2, 1 medium pooters and also won 6 orange diaper co medium fitteds which I don't have yet. My question is would the Medium Imse Vimse Bumpy Wool Wraps or Sugar Peas Medium Interlock Covers fit over these fitteds? My DD is super skinny and 18lbs.

ETA: I was just reading some other posts and saw that G Diapers are also breathable and could help with my DD's rash problem. Does anyone have any input on this? Would switching to wool or Gdiapers be more expensive? Has anyone had a baby with diaper rash issue and had it resolved by using Gdiapers? Ug, I am just so desperate to get her rash to go away!

Suzy - SAHM to my adorable 2 year old DD and 11/12 DS and wife to my amazing, supportive, hard working husband 11/2008
Prints coupons, earn Swagbucks, buy diapers!

Last edited by MrsA08; 03-12-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Changing Question
MrsA08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Wool wraps question, also a G Diaper question

Are you 100% sure it's not an ammonia build up/detergent issue? I would try that first just because it's almost free! I saw people bragging on the nylon of Gdiapers...I can't really say because I've never tried those--buy my DD sweats like a mad woman and gets terrible rashes in nylon. Maybe that's a personal problem? I don't really have a cover size recommendation for you, but as far as price I think it would depend on how many of each cover you planned on getting. Gdiapers are cheaper, but are not able to be wiped clean because of the mesh lining, therefore you would need more covers. Wool can go a long time without being washed, and I know some Mamas only have two wool covers per size. If you do want to try wool on the cheap, I saw a Mama on FSOT with longies for $7. If you want new or wrap style, loveybums always has clearance. I would try to let her air out as much as possible (maybe coverless at least at home), and I hope she gets better soon! FWIT--if the wool or gdiapers don't clear her up, I would check out food allergies/intolerances. My DD had all kinds of rashes no matter what we put her in until we realized she needed a gluten free diet. Good luck Mama!
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote