Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you figure how much to sell a diaper for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
Sorry to hijack post OP!!!! Do you know where to get Polymailers (not online)? I've looked at Officemax, Target and Walgreens. They don't have them.
I had to order mine online, the cheapest I could find was a huge pack of them for 10 bucks shipped. It has been an awesome investment though, it really does save on shipping since they are so light and can form to any shape!
Sometimes I see mamas on here selling them for a few cents each and a dollar or so to ship them.

and to OP: I usually look it up online to find the current original price (sometimes there are sales) and then I look on here to see what it is selling for from other people, I think about where I bought it and for how much, make sure to consider how old it is too, next I inspect the diaper and figure out what condition it is in and decide what I would honestly pay for it. Once I decide on a diaper price, I usually add 2 dollars (for shipping) and make it ppd in the listing.

Sometimes I decide it is not worth it to sell because I would lose too much money, I have a few diapers I would like to list right now, but the elastic is getting loose on them, I decided that at the price I could sell them for, I would loose too much money and that I would rather replace the elastics and sell them for a few dollars more at a later date

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
Crazydayz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24

Sorry to hijack post OP!!!! Do you know where to get Polymailers (not online)? I've looked at Officemax, Target and Walgreens. They don't have them.
Ebay amd Amazon have them search poly mailers.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #13
NessieO
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by american_mommy View Post
Yes I am in Canada but my dh travels in the US and does all my shipping there. I don't like shipping within Canada or from here
A lot of Canadians who sell used diapers ship them vacuum packed (they usually use a food saver). It's usually $3.50 or less to ship a vacuum packed diaper (or more). I think I shipped 3 newborn diapers for that much.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #14
Mommy2JandS
Registered Users
seller
seller

From reading this, I am obviously doing something wrong too. I ship in the US and have never been able to ship a diaper under $2. I was seriously starting to think that I'm going to lose money selling them which was not the point!
Mommy2JandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
mommysoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I shipped 3 7-8oz packages through PP last week with DC for about $2.50. IMO that's not to bad even with the PP fees. I also scale at home which I think makes a difference.